[1st-mile-nm] FW: Delayed and or blocked emails / Its not only Comcast playing games read below

peter pete at ideapete.com
Thu Mar 13 16:24:45 PDT 2008

Does yahoo allow and sell to spammers the ability to see your email.

Does yahoo deliberately mess with spam filters to force users to go to
its website to falsely boost usage

Is Comcast a willing participant

Consider the following

Several months ago we started to get complaints from our users that our
spam filters were failing, more junk was getting through, regular
outbound mail addresses and the resultant return email was getting
trashed mixed in with the spam and more. One persistent person also
spotted this fascinating detail. If you sent out a genuine email
addressed say to Dr Art Winhauser within 24 hours you were getting porn
and trash email directed back at the same addressee with several
derivations of that name such as Dr Art Winehouse / Dr Art Whinehas and
many more. Our websites are hosted by yahoo and so yahoo email client is
used with either Thunderbird or Outlook on the desktop or directly
through the browser at Yahoo but with our Cable host ISP Comcast.

We looked at this weird phenomena and sure enough testing as many
contacts we had with very unusual names found a definite pattern.

So how are spammers getting this information ? Is Someone is letting
spammers have access to email patterns on the main email servers but
who, if its not Yahoo then a massive security breach must be
happening.    When we raised this with Yahoo support, on several
occasions, they chose to deliberately misunderstand the question and
continually blame users security, spam and junk settings, acts of god ,
Microsoft the Cable ISP and more.. Most of the calls which ended up in
India apparently  reached great heights in the support tree and it was
obvious that Yahoo knows something they are not disclosing.  Trying to
get any feedback from Comcast was a lesson in futility

Then like deja-vu, from someone who knows what was going on in Yahoo we
find out this.

1. Yahoo is selling email addresses to spammers and are also selling
pattern name links

2. The filters are being deliberately scrambled to push users to log on
to the Yahoo site and drive up traffic, the point is that you will only
see a good email message in your trash once and like a doubting Thomas
you will continually be mindful of carefully sorting though the spam
folder constantly opening spam with a similar name to one of your
genuine contacts, all the time creating hits for the spammers and
driving up revenue for both the spammers and Yahoo.

3. Comcast also is doing this and is a willing partner

Any questions regarding the above are referred to as technical customer
errors

Don't think this is happening " Run your own tests you will see the

 Somewhere in the line of communication either Comcast and or Yahoo are
playing games with your email and web access and violating every tenant
of web security and your usage rights

( : ( : pete

Peter Baston

*IDEAS*