[1st-mile-nm] Do we need a vision statement and ?

John J Martinez jjmart1 at msn.com
Tue Feb 12 20:26:08 PST 2008

All,

As my first posting I need to ask a question, can we publish to the group the recipients on the distribution list? As a career telecom professional I have many opinions I would like to share but I need to cautious that my personal opinions are not viewed as official positions of the the current administration. I would like to know who is recieving the message.

Thanks,

John J. Martinez

Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:57:52 -0700From: pete at ideapete.comTo: 1st-mile-nm at mailman.dcn.orgSubject: [1st-mile-nm] Do we need a vision statement and ?
Its been a fascinating range of correspondences both on and off board re the mea culpa postings.After Carols highlighting of Arthur's pieceOne of the things that defines New Mexico is that people tend to have a strong (social) connection to place.  However, economic considerations frequently make it difficult to maintain this connection Maybe we should establish a vision statement for First Milelike:The members of the first mile group agree to promote the unique cultural heritage of our state (s) by promoting technology driven economic development for all its citizens in an understandable and user friendly way.OK its rough and need a serious editor but ?Then we could establish an award called the ???????? and use a similar image to famous man and god hands nearly touching  which would signify the first mile as the connection of life for our people and heritage and well beingThen award it each year to the person or project that clearly accomplishes the most / best for the vision , maybe we could rope in NMIPA and other groups and I know some sponsors we could pitch.Ill give this to my designer and see what they come up withJust a thought( : ( : pete
--

Peter Baston
IDEAS