[OldNorth] No Old North Meeting in May

Steve Tracy tracysteve642 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 18:40:55 PDT 2020

Hi, everyone.

I have some items we could talk about at some time fairly soon, I hope. Nothing in crisis, but things I think shouldn’t put off forever. I am also pursuing these with the Bike Davis Board.

1.  Many places in town, bike lane markings have faded to near invisibility.  This puts those of us who do significant riding at risk of being clobbered by a driver new to Davis, or one who needs prominent reminders about where the part of the street dedicated to cars ends.

2.  Solid striping is supposed to change to dashed striping as we approach intersections with stop lights or stop signs. It is especially dangerous at these locations if cyclists do not get a visual indication they can move toward the center line if they are turning left.

No matter the high risk level, these things won’t get fixed unless PW begins to pay more attention to safety for cyclists.

Steve.

Sent from my iPhone