[OldNorth] Mail Theft

sheryl lynn gerety winterety at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 30 16:07:50 PDT 2010

Apologies to those who receive two emails on this topic, however we
wanted to cover all households possible:

Monday afternoon, outgoing mail was stolen from a D Street porch.
Unfortunately, several large checks were among the pieces that
disappeared.  Envelopes were later found opened and emptied in the
alley.

The mailman who serves this street was contacted.  He pointed out that
usually this kind of theft comes in waves, and that it won't stop
unless and until the thief or thieves are caught, or the households in
the area put their outgoing mail into a postal collection box --
eliminating the opportunities they look for is quite effective.

We hope you have had no such difficulties to date, and would like to
urge you all to mail your bills, graduation gift cards, correspondence
and so forth at the post office or put them in a drop box.

Sheryl for
Old North Davis Board