[OldNorth] Old North contributes Saturday -- 2300 petitions on 5th is not enough

Robin&Dennis rddd at dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Sep 4 20:22:48 PDT 2009

Hello to Old North interested people,
	This is an invitation to Old Northers to help gather petition
signatures SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 5th at the FARMERS MARKET during the 8
to 1 time.  Steve Tracy has asked me to send out this notice because
he will be out of town after having been the leader of OND's
contribution to the petition gathering effort this whole last month.
	SHOW UP at the SW corner of 5th and C (near the Hattie Weber
Museum) and find the person there gathering signatures and dispensing
the other 5 clip boards to those who can help for an hour or more.
	The petition asks the City Council to endorse the
reconfiguration plan RIGHT NOW so that SACOG will be able to give
the City of Davis the BIG BUCKS for our plan in this September
"stimulus funding" cycle of transportation project grants.  If the
Council "approves" the 5-lane "road diet" (two bike lanes;  one
center left turn pocket lane;  two through traffic lines, one in each
direction eastward and westward) it is said to be very highly likely
that SACOG will approve the full money this fall.  AND, the
reconfiguration project is already in the General Plan, given #1
priority among safety modifications of our existing street system.
	Thanks, in advance, for showing up to donate some signature
gathering time.  Most of the time I'll myself be in the Hattie Weber
Museum being a docent  -- so stop in to say hello and to use the best
rest rooms in the farmers market area!

Dennis Dingemans
Chair for 2008-2010, Old North Davis Neighborhood Organization