[OldNorth] someone killed the bees ata 636 B. Street street tree

Dan Quickert dequickert at omsoft.com
Wed Apr 23 11:39:37 PDT 2008

Dennis,

Even if it were policy to kill a hive, it would be inadvisable to do so
with anything that fills the hole. Cavities and wounds are best left
uncovered because any covering/sealant only succeeds in protecting
disease and decay organisms that are present or gain entry.

I hope the city regards this as an act of vandalism of city property.

That foam should probably be removed, if it can be done without further
harm to the tree.

Dan Quickert

Dan Quickert
Consulting Arborist