[OldNorth] reforestation of Old North Davis

sheryl lynn gerety winterety at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 1 09:55:48 PDT 2008

Members,

We are working with the School District in a mitigation project that
initiated with the removal of three mature Aleppo pines on B Street to
site the new Martin Luther King HIgh building.  DJUSD will provide
trees and labor to fill in the 70 empty spaces for trees identified by
our Urban Forest Committee of Dennis Dingemans and Dan Quickert.  This
project is slated to occur during fall planting season of the 2008 year.

Old North needs a block captain for each of the B thorugh G Streets
who will be willing to accompany an arborist and oversee the planting
of trees to the vacant spaces on each captain's assigned block.  We
need currently must find at least three more people than those of us
who have volunteered to take charge of a piece of this project.

As the details of the planting, dates and times, species and nursery,
and so forth, get all worked out, you will be in the loop.

Please contact me by email or phone - 758-3990 - to offer your
services.  Evenings are the best time for phone calls.

Best regards,
Sheryl Gerety
President of the ONDNA Board