[OldNorth] 3rd & B Street rezoning hearing tonight

sheryl lynn gerety winterety at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 12 12:08:47 PDT 2007

The proposal before the city council tonight deals with the rezoning of
the 3rd and B Street area across from Central Park and toward campus.

Buildings higher than the treetops?  Or buildings nestled among trees?
No trees at all?  Or space for shade trees.  Balconies, or patio
gardens for gatherings?  More cars parked or stored in adjacent
neighborhoods?  An entire block face of condominiums?

What do you want to see across the street when you visit the Farmers
Market?  What do you think visitors should see when they arrive in
town?  Should this vision become a guide for all older neighborhoods in
town?

We need to let the city council know which vision we prefer and they
need to see you, even hear from you tonight.

I look forward to seeing Old North at Community Chambers in force.

Best regards,
Sheryl Gerety
President, ONDNA