[OldNorth] Mosquito insecticide spraying

Dan Quickert dequickert at omsoft.com
Mon Aug 22 13:11:09 PDT 2005

In case you haven't heard, they are planning to spray our neighborhoods - that's your house - sometime very soon.
Not well-publicized: there's a sign-up for "do not spray". website is:

http://www.fightthebite.net/service_request/?noSpray=true

There will be a meeting - "informational" - about the spraying, on Tuesday Aug. 23 (tomorrow) at 7pm at the City Council chambers.

They say they are just spraying with pyrethrins - but there's also an additive, piperonyl butoxide. For some reason that information is hard to find on their website... That chemical is an EPA suspected carcinogen, and in my opinion may have endocrine and immune system effects.

I urge everyone to sign up for no-spray, and come to the meeting, if you don't think the blanket use of insecticides is wise.

Dan Quickert