[OldNorth] 5th Street/Appreciation

sheryl lynn gerety winterety at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 13 17:48:20 PDT 2005

Residents of Old North:

	Appreciation to all of you who came to Council Chambers last evening
to participate in the presentations to the Safety Advisory Commission
on 5th Street traffic calming.  We did not win the vote, but we made an
impressive and effective showing, thanks to your heartfelt observations
on the dangers of the current street.
	Steve Tracy will be taking our case to the parking committee of the
Davis Downtown Business Association this Tuesday and we presume that it
will come before Council in the next couple of months.  We have spoken
one-on-one with Don Saylor, and will be asking for meetings with other
members of the City Council in the coming weeks.  Of course, Ted
Puntillo saw the presentation last night.
	Please be ready to return to to the speaker line at Council Chambers
when this reaches them.  We will make a general announcement via this
list and I hope by leaflet as well.  Best to you,

			Bruce (ONDNA pres)