[OldNorth] OED: Notice of 3rd/B Public Hearing - Tues 4/26

Old East Davis oldeastdavis at omsoft.com
Sat Apr 23 11:25:42 PDT 2005

All -

This is a joint session of the City Council, Planning Commission and
Historic Resources Commission regarding the 3rd / B St  visioning
process.  It seems this joint session might be an effort to speed up
the resolution of that visioning before the Council becomes focused
on the budget and Covell Village, however that leaves less
opportunity for public input and a thoughtful planning / consultation
process.

I think it will be quite important to have a large turnout in support
of the Design Guidelines being honored in that area.

(Pardon the attachment - the text would not copy)

Note:  The Design Guidelines as a concept are being threatened by
this "exception".  That's why it's important for all the
neighborhoods to care about what happens here.  Are we to  throw out
all that work every time the DG's become an "inconvenience"?  Or are
we to insist the DG's are the guiding principals of the neighborhoods
bordering downtown?  Your input and presence will help answer this
question.