[OldNorth] ONDNA 27 Jan Minutes

sheryl lynn gerety winterety at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 21 20:59:40 PST 2005

Old North Davis Association Meeting (ONDA)
  January 27, 2005; 7:30 pm
  Hattie Weber Museum

  l.     Meeting called to order by President Bruce Winterhalder.
        Introductions of those present:  B. Winterhalder, C. Marshall,
C. Bloomquist,
        D. Quickert, D. Braunschweig, A. Wallace, L. Journey, D.
Dingemans, E. Roe,
        J. Lofland, V. Vann, D. Martinich, J. McKinney.

  ll.     Approval of  Minutes  (18 November) Minutes approved.

  lll.    Treasurer’s Report  16 paid members, 42 total on list.

  lV.     Announcements and Additions to Agenda:
        - A tours of second units, additions and new cottages in the
neighborhood was organized by Esther Polito for the City planning
staff.  Old North provided each of them a packet that included our
neighborhood pamphlet and J. Lofland’s book and map of recent  and
current work going on.  There is lots of building and remodeling
activity in the neighborhood.
           - 5th & G, Chuck Rowe’s Project (officially 435 G Street)
has been modified from the picture that appeared in the Enterprise
recently.  The project includes 8 townhouses  above retail and an
atruim open to the sky. The possiblitty of contamination at the site
from the previous gasoline tanks was discussed; the Planning Commission
recommended approval contingent on full remediation.
          -Police responded to a party at 5th & D.

  V.      New Business
         A.  School District Discussion of Headquarters Block  This
property is a major concern for our neighborhood.  There has been
recent discussion of the district selling the property for development,
the Mace Ranch facility.  The board did decide to open Mace
Ranch gradually, as an Elementary School; the district offices will
remain in place for now.   The ONDNA will monitor developments on this.

  Vl.     Old Business
        A. Parking District   The city provided us with a new,
corrected map on which parking spaces  have been marked.  For the most
part, there are two spaces together at the lot line.  There was
discussion/concerb about overparking blocking driveways.  A small
number of  spaces may be changed, but we will ask the city to proceed
with marking the spaces and give our new plan a try.
        B.  5th & F Streets  Steve and Bruce drafted a letter to Bob
Weir suggesting the traffic report remains flawed, and that the current
suggestion to go to the Safety Advisory Board ignores previous
agreements about neighborhood consultation.  ON feel they should not
proceed at this point.  We have not yet received a reply.
        C.  Trash Pick-Up  We continue to struggle with street
pick-up.  We have few curb cuts, the carts are difficult to roll over
the curb, and many are left out in the front  yard.  Z worked with DWR
to demonstrate that the trucks do fit in the alleys.  We would still
like a serious trial of alley pick-up.  This may mean we do some
pruning and carefully place our carts in areas that have he best access
for the truck.  Bruce will work with Dan to move forward with a serious
alley test.

Presentation by Mike Corbett on Covell Village (8:15-9:00)

  Vll.    Adjourn