[OldNorth] Esther Polito Removed as HRMC Staff

John Lofland jflofland at ucdavis.edu
Fri Oct 29 20:50:10 PDT 2004

Members and Friends of the Davis Historical Society,

In case you have not yet heard, I write to tell you that, according
to several solid reporters, Davis city officials have removed Esther
Polito as the staff person to the Historical Resource Management
Commission.

In my view, this as an unwelcome and alarming event.

It is, of course, only the most recent in a series of unwelcome and
alarming events regarding preservation and development in Davis.

And, I think, the MOST  alarming events have yet to happen.

As I am fond of quoting Betty Davis as saying in All About Eve,
"Fasten your seat belts boys and girls, it's going to be a bumpy
ride."

John Lofland