[OldNorth] Parking And Safety Advisory Committee

sheryl lynn gerety winterety at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 10 12:16:01 PDT 2004

Dear Old North Neighbor:
	Thursday afternoon (October 7, 2004) the Safety Advisory Committee
voted 4-1 to pass our Special Parking District proposal along to the
City Council.  There were minor concerns expressed about cost, and
about setting a precedent that might be attractive to other
neighborhoods.  Commissioners asked PW to investigate less expensive
ways of marking restricted spaces than annually applying green paint to
the curbs.  All but one Commissioner lauded our civic approach to the
parking issue.
	We will let you know when this issue comes before Council, as it
likely will require community turn-out in order to see it smoothly
through this next hurdle.
	Thanks to all who showed up at the SAC meeting to lend a hand: John,
Angela, Valerie, Steve and Mr. Roe (apologies for not catching your
first name).
		Bruce

Sheryl and Bruce