[OldNorth] Fwd: 5th St. Traffic Calming

Old East Davis oldeastdavis at omsoft.com
Sun Oct 3 22:27:06 PDT 2004

Old East Folks--

	As you may know, the Old North Davis Neighborhood Association
(ONDNA) has been working on 5th St traffic calming for some time.  We
have put a presentation on our web site that contains our explanation
for the necessity of this, and a proposed solution to the very high
accident rate on that street.  You can find it at our neighborhood
web site:  www.oldnorthdavis.org.

	There are two versions:  a Power Point slide show that will
be somewhat higher definition, and, for those without Power Point
software, an *.html version that will run on the MS Explore web
browser.  If anyone has trouble viewing it in either of these
formats, please let us know and we'll try to get it to you via
another software package.

	There are notes at the bottom of the page that help to
explain the slides, but if anyone has questions they may contact me
(Bruce Winterhalder; winterety at sbcglobal.net) or the ON contact
person on this issue, Steve Tracy (stracy at davis.com).

	Please take a careful look at the information we have
assembled and help us to work with the City to effectively address
auto, bicycle and pedestrian safety on 5th.  Thanks,

		Bruce

Sheryl and Bruce