[OldNorth] bowers sidewalk landmark status

John Lofland jflofland at ucdavis.edu
Tue Sep 28 22:11:01 PDT 2004

Valerie,

The reports you sent others and me on your HRMC presentation Monday,
September 27 suggest you made a sophisticated and dignified case for
the Landmark status of the Bowers Addition sidewalk markers. (I
especially like the literal landmark observation!)

We are all greatly in your debt for taking the lead on this key
historical preservation topic.

One modest but highly educational step would be to post the document
you use to make the sidewalks landmark case on both the Old North and
the Davis Historical Society web sites.

As the manager of the Davis Historical Society web site, I have
completed this posting task, as well as making your action the lead
news story on the site (www.davishistoricalsociety.org).

I hope the Old North web site manager, Andy Wallace, can also do such
posting in the very near future.

Thanks again for your wonderful leadership!

John Lofland