[OldNorth] New Clipping Pick Up & Sweeping Days

John Lofland jflofland at ucdavis.edu
Mon Sep 13 15:27:02 PDT 2004

Old Northers,

For people like me who have not paid attention, I am surprised to
learn that today starts the new schedule for picking up yard
clippings we put in the street.

Rather than Monday, the clippings will now be picked up on Wednesday.
Street sweeping will be on Thursday, a person at DWR told me on the
phone today.

Since a great many people work in their yards on weekends and
therefore put out clippings on Sunday, we are likely to have piles in
the streets for three days rather than for one.

This provides more opportunity for outside car parkers to park on
these piles and otherwise to scatter them.

This might get to be interesting, especially when we soon combine the
piles with the new trash and recycle cans.

John Lofland