[OldNorthBoard] RE: [OldNorth] council agenda for Tues.

angela awillson at pacbell.net
Sun Dec 14 18:25:23 PST 2003

I have sent a letter to the council members asking them to postpone..I've done this not as president but as a resident.  I think the more emails they get the better... I am going to the meeting on Tuesday and will speak to the issue...hope many will. Again, if you all want to meet on Monday, please let it be known...as I said I can't make it ... I have a board meeting to attend.

Angela

Valerie Vann <valerie at vanngroup.com> wrote:
True, we did all get "noticed", but I wasn't aware anybody had concerns,
despite the apparent inconsistency between ways the West side of G Street
between 5th & 7th has been treated all along (leading to confusion about
what the COOP is allowed to do for one thing).

Now this "densification" business being applied to Old North (with or
without the West side of G) is a whole different ball game that we've
heard nothing about before now.

How can densification be conceivably compatible with a genuine conservation
and preservation of Old North as a residential neighborhood with historic
character? Is the City just talking about preserving the appearance of
the buildings from the streets, or actually conserving the NEIGHBORHOOD?

I feel like we've been blindsided without time to consult, meet, etc.
given the season and the Associations once a month meeting schedule.

Valerie Vann
ps (I don't think right now I can make either a Mon or Tues meeting)

--
Valerie Vann
valerie at vanngroup.com