[OldNorth] RE: City Council Next Tuesday

Dan Quickert dequickert at omsoft.com
Fri Dec 12 08:22:26 PST 2003

Bruce wrote:
> I suggest our next public goal is to get at least five credible
> speakers before the  Council next Tuesday. (Happily, I think we are
> now up to four volunteers.)

I will be there if I am able at the time, and will speak.

Ted Puntillo's comments are very misguided. To burden a section of town
that has some of the smallest lots in the City with further development and
'densification' is just sick.

If the Council wants to prevent more farmland from being inundated with
housing, it should mandate smaller lot sizes in new developments.  If it
wants more affordable housing, it should mandate smaller lot sizes combined
with with a reasonable Floor Area Ratio.

The Staff Report says that most of Old North lots are below the standard
for size for R-2 zoning.  Anyone know where Ted Puntillo lives? Maybe we
can find out what the lot sizes are there - perhaps it's a good candidate
for 'up-zoning'!

Seriously, if anyone can provide me with addresses (or at least neighbor
hoods) for all the City Council members, I can use that for illustration in
my presentation (if I should make one ;-).  I have parcel map data for most
of the City on my computer.

Dan