[env-trinity] SF Chronicle- Why water levels remain low at one major California reservoir, even after rain

Seth Naman - NOAA Federal seth.naman at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 3 16:21:31 PDT 2023

All,

Diversions through the Judge Francis Carr tunnels can be found in a couple
different ways:

1. At the TRRP website: https://www.trrp.net/restoration/flows/current/ scroll
to the bottom of the page for current Trinity Reservoir inflows and gage
data for the Trinity River, including the Judge Francis Carr tunnels. TRRP
staff have dedicated a lot of time and energy over the years to try and
make this information non their website as easily accessible and as user
friendly to the public as possible.

2. At the California Data Exchange Center Website: cdec.water.ca.gov.
Select Historical Data: https://cdec.water.ca.gov/dynamicapp/selectQuery and
enter "JCR" in the Station ID, select either daily or monthly data, and the
start and end date of your interest. Here is an example of daily data from
3/3/23 to 4/3/23:

https://cdec.water.ca.gov/dynamicapp/selectQuery?Stations=JCR&SensorNums=110&dur_code=D&Start=2023-03-03&End=2023-04-03

There are state, federal, county and tribal staff who can help answer
questions if you have them. Reach out at the TRRP contact page
https://www.trrp.net/contact-us/ or ask someone who you could talk to for
information about a certain topic that you have. And feel free to reach out
to me if you have questions. This would be much better for everyone
involved, rather than making assumptions about whether or not agencies or
entities are trustworthy.

Seth

--
Seth Naman