[env-trinity] Trinity River- New gravel placement areas proposed. Please provide input

Gutermuth, Frederic Brandt FGutermuth at usbr.gov
Wed Mar 23 09:58:25 PDT 2022

Dear Trinity River supporters -

The Trinity River and its aquatic inhabitants need gravel (for habitat and spawning) but the upriver source in Lewiston is blocked by the dam. The TRRP has been charged with restoring the functioning river and the fish, but recent gravel monitoring has shown that gravel isn't moving to all the places where it is needed.  To remedy this, the TRRP is proposing to add gravel at new locations where it is needed.

We have proposed a number of potential new sites for gravel addition and now seek your input. If there are things we need to know as we consider these sites, please tell us during our 30 day scoping period.

Our introduction to this subject is located at: https://www.trrp.net/restoration/gravel-augmentation/sites/<https://www.trrp.net/restoration/gravel-augmentation/sites/?fbclid=IwAR1hOvYz4pHdRyLbNq_6hbto4VYS58nmvGfDHSNYCz6nKDqEHHU_E6vOCVQ>  https://www.trrp.net/restoration/gravel-augmentation/sites/<https://www.trrp.net/restoration/gravel-augmentation/sites/?fbclid=IwAR1luZIjEon9CBUkrNlHv5YCbvvex34f-XTDEEpG3nHHHaSy_hUmdPEyGyE>
TRRP: Gravel Augmentation Sites<https://www.trrp.net/restoration/gravel-augmentation/sites/?fbclid=IwAR1hOvYz4pHdRyLbNq_6hbto4VYS58nmvGfDHSNYCz6nKDqEHHU_E6vOCVQ>
New Gravel Augmentation Sites Proposed for 2023. Project Background. The Trinity River Restoration Program (TRRP or Program) is beginning a 30-day public scoping period to announce and explain the need to develop additional gravel augmentation sites upstream of Indian Creek on the Trinity River mainstem.
www.trrp.net

To Comment on this Gravel Augmentation Scoping Proposal:

  *   Please provide your comments by April 17, 2022.
  *   Send your input via mail to:
   Gravel Augmentation Sites Scoping
   C/O TRRP
   P.O. Box 1300
   Weaverville, CA 96093
  *
  *   OR send your comments via email to info at trrp.net<mailto:info at trrp.net>.
  *   Please - Include the word GRAVEL in your email’s subject line.

Based on our reviews and input we receive, we plan to share an Environmental Assessment that analyzes the impacts of our gravel augmentation proposals this fall.  If you have additional questions, please contact me.

Thanks for your input,

Brandt Gutermuth

Brandt Gutermuth  (he/his)
Environmental Scientist| Trinity River Restoration Program<http://www.trrp.net/> | U.S. Bureau of Reclamation<https://www.usbr.gov/> |