[env-trinity] Fw: Klamath River Fish Health Workshop - 2022 Update

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Wed Feb 16 09:02:02 PST 2022

  ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Hetrick, Nick <nick_hetrick at fws.gov>Sent: Monday, February 14, 2022, 04:57:10 PM PSTSubject: Klamath River Fish Health Workshop - 2022 Update

Klamath Basin Partners....

We've received a number of inquiries recently about our annual Klamath River Fish Health Workshop for  2022.  In discussions with our event co-hosts at Oregon State University and the Service's CA/Nev Fish Health Center, we've agreed to hold off setting a date for the workshop as we feel this information-sharing event would benefit greatly by holding it in-person rather than virtual as we did last year.  That said, we've agreed to strive to hold the open-forum, presentation-based session in-person in mid- to late-summer, with the location and exact date yet to be decided.  If Covid-19 travel restrictions are still in play as they are for many of us, we will adjust and hold the session virtually.   We remain hopeful, however, that conditions will allow us to safely meet in person by summer.

Workshop:  Mid-to-late summer (location and date pending):   As in previous years, the workshop will consist of Klamath River fish health research updates, overviews, and presentations followed by an open-forum Q & A session.  As in previous years, this event will be open to the public to promote a free exchange of information and ideas. If the event is required to be held virtually,  Sascha has graciously offered to host the workshop on OSU's Zoom platform.  Please stay tuned for more details. For those entities that would like to present their fish health related work at a mid- to late-summer Klamath River Fish Health Workshop, please send the title and time needed for your presentation to Sascha and myself so we can begin to develop a detailed agenda for the workshop.

Project Planning Session:   Wednesday March 16, 9 am - 12:30 pm.  We plan to hold the Klamath River Fish Health Project Planning Session virtually on March 16, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm. This session is reserved for fish health researchers and Tribal and Agency co-managers to discuss on-going research and monitoring, future data needs, and to promote  project coordination and collaboration between fish health researchers across the basin.  An invite for the March 16 planning session and Zoom link will be forthcoming to Tribal, Agency and University staff engaged in fish health research and monitoring studies in the Klamath River.  Until then,please hold the March 16,  9:00-12:30 time slot in your calendar.

I want to express my sincere appreciation to our colleagues at Oregon State University and the Service's CA/Nev Fish Health Center for their continued support and efforts in helping to make this annual information sharing event possible.  nick

Nicholas J. HetrickFish & Aquatic Conservation Program LeadArcata Fish & Wildlife Office, USFWSOffice (707) 822-7201Cell (707) 267-5856(due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I am teleworking and can be reached by cell or email)