[env-trinity] 2021/22 CDFW Trinity River Project trapping summary through Julian week 30

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Fri Jul 30 09:49:34 PDT 2021

Greetings!
Attached please find the TRP trapping summary through JW 30 (July 29).
Here's that next bump of springers we were anticipating....
NOW
What you really need to know is that because of the temperature in the lower Trinity, in addition to the level of Columnaris that has been detected, the Bureau is releasing some water to try and move those fish that are stuck hanging in the lower river refugia upriver to some cooler water. Here's the schedule for the releases...

Date             Time          From (cfs)      To (cfs)

8/1/21         0001            450                 750

8/2/21         0001            750                 650

8/4/21         0001            650                 550

8/4/21         0400            550                 450

PLEASE keep in mind there is a lag (sometimes by a day or a day and a half) in those flows between the dam releases getting to wherever you might be on the river. Be safe. I know it's not a lot of water, down low it might not seem like much at all, but there will be a temperature difference.

As always, stay hydrated in the heat, and have some fun.

Cheers!

MC

Mary Claire Kier
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife - Trinity River Project
Environmental Scientist - Fisheries
707/822-5876  (I'm currently teleworking. Please use my email address if you need to contact me.)
5341 Ericson Way, Arcata CA 95521
Klamath/Trinity Program reports can be found online @
https://nrmsecure.dfg.ca.gov/documents/ContextDocs.aspx?cat=KlamathTrinity
If you'd like to be added to the distribution list of the Trinity River Project's trapping summaries let me know.