[env-trinity] 2020/21 Trinity River Project trapping summary through Julian week 39

Kier, Mary Claire@Wildlife MaryClaire.Kier at wildlife.ca.gov
Wed Sep 30 19:35:03 PDT 2020

Greetings!
Attached please find the TRP trapping summary through JW 39 (Sept 30).
I am so sorry I was unable to get out a JW 38 summary, it has been quite a time (the theme of 2020, right?).

The Junction City weir is getting ready to wind down for the season, and are apparently beginning to see the first of the fall Chinook in JW39. We are still tweaking/dialing in the Willow Creek weir.
There ARE fish in the Trinity (more than these numbers indicate). I am hoping with an installation of a second trap (at the very end of JW 39) at WCW we'll be trapping a higher number of the up-migrating salmonids than are shown in the spreadsheet to date.

Anyone with questions please shoot me an email. Anyone you know who would like to get these numbers should shoot me an email.
I appreciate your patience.
MC

Mary Claire Kier
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife - Trinity River Project
Environmental Scientist - Fisheries
707/822-5876
5341 Ericson Way, Arcata CA 95521
Klamath/Trinity Program reports can be found online @