[env-trinity] Trinity River spawning survey update for week September 9 to 13

Chamberlain, Charles charles_chamberlain at fws.gov
Fri Sep 13 14:15:32 PDT 2013

Hi all,
The latest weekly report from our mainstem Trinity River spawning survey is
available at the Arcata Fish and Wildlife Office Fisheries Program webpage:
http://www.fws.gov/arcata/fisheries/default.htm

The 2013 spawning season is getting a slow start like it did last year.
 Our crews mapped 1 redd this week and encountered 12 carcasses.  Things
should pick up soon.  The figure below is clipped from the latest weekly
report available at the link above.

[image: Inline image 1]

We'll be surveying the same reaches (Lewiston Dam to the Pigeon Point
access) from September 16 to 20.  Look for another update next week.

Get out there if you can.  The Chinook Salmon run this year includes many
four year olds (big fish!).
Talk to you soon,
Charlie

Charles Chamberlain
Supervisory Fish Biologist
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Arcata Fish & Wildlife Office
1655 Heindon Road
Arcata, CA 95521

Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=Charles_Chamberlain@fws.gov>
Phone: (707) 825-5110    Fax: (707) 822-8411
www.fws.gov/arcata/fisheries