[DHS Bulletin] Daily Bulletin 09-26-2019

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Sep 25 14:46:34 PDT 2019

Davis Senior High School Daily Bulletin
     September 26, 2019

THIS DAY IN HISTORY:
1996 - Shannon Lucid returned to Earth after being in space for 188 days. She set a time record for a U.S. astronaut in space and in the world for time spent by a woman in space.

MENU DHS:
Breakfast Served Daily:  Cereal w/Graham Cracker, Breakfast Pizza, Assorted Breakfast Sandwiches, Scones, Breakfast Burrito, Chicken & Cheese Quesadilla, Pancakes w/ Sausage, Assorted Muffins, Chicken & Biscuit Slider, Yogurt Parfait w/Graham Cracker.

  *   Grab & Go Hot Chocolate & Muffin & Fruit Cinnamon Rolls.
Lunch: Pepper jack Double Cheese Burger W/ Guacamole served with Cajun Fries.  Grilled Vegetable Sandwich on WG Hoagie w/ Garlic Aioli

ATHLETICS: Hey winter sports fans there is an informational meeting for the Davis High School Snowboard Team on Thursday, October 3 at 7pm in DHS room L-20. Come learn how you can join this fast and fun varsity sport. All snowboarding abilities are welcome. If you have any questions contact Coach Bill Williams at bwilliams at djusd.net<mailto:bwilliams at djusd.net>

Don't miss a gate - or the date! The DAVIS SKI TEAM info meeting will be on Thursday, October 3rd at 7 PM in the DHS Library.   This is also a mandatory meeting if you have raced in past years.  Bring a parent or guardian - we will be discussing the race program, Ski Swap, the Mammoth Weekend and requesting volunteers for positions needed.

GAMES:
Girls Tennis vs Consumnes Oaks, 3:45V                                                    Dismissal 2:45
Girls Volleyball vs Sheldon, 4:00F/5:00JV/6:00V                                      Dismissal 2:30F

ACADEMICS/OPORTUNITIES/EVENTS: AP Exams are $99 per test. Online sales are now until 10/11. https://user.totalregistration.net/AP/050730 .  The PSAT/NMQST is Saturday, 10/19. The cost is $25.00. There are a limited number of tests available. If you feel this is a financial hardship, please contact your counselor. Sign-ups are now at: https://user.totalregistration.net/PSAT/050730

HEYYYAAA BLUE DEVILS
Think you can dance? Compete against your fellow dancy devils and prove you're the best!!!! (whisper) and guess what there's a $150 cash prize. (loudly again) If you're interested come see Dr. Gardias in PA 8 to pick up your application today! You can compete alone or with friends. The competition is the night of october 19th. SEE YA THERE!

Attention all students and staff:  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month!  Support the Cause and our athletic teams by purchasing a Pink Spirit tee to wear to our athletic teams Pink Out Nights, coming up all throughout the month of October! Go, Fight, Win, Cheer!  Shirts can be purchased in the Finance Office, and are $6.

ATTENDANCE: If you are planning to visit a College Campus -Only Seniors will receive a maximum of two days as excused Absences. What do you have to do to get absences excused?
*         Students need to submit to the attendance office documentation 3 days prior to the college visit.
*          Students need to provide an appropriate documentation from the College or University they are visiting.
*          College visits needs to be pre-approved by an administrator.  Questions come to the Attendance office for clarification.
COMMITTEES: Please come to the Social Climate Committee meeting on Thursday this week at lunch in the Library West Conference Room.  The committee is comprised of students and staff committed to making our school a safe and inviting place for all.

CLUBS: Would you like to participate in this years homecoming half-time show? We will be doing bubble soccer! Applications are available in ASC-100.

The Hollywood Homecoming Dance is coming up! Buy your tickets online at the BlueDevilOnlineStore today. Tickets are $5 w/ASB and $10 w/o. Don't miss out on the first dance of the school year.

Like the outdoors and meeting new people? Join Wilderness Club, held every Monday in Mr. Barclay's room N-1A. First meeting is September 30th be there or be square.

Come to ASC-100 the 2nd & 4th Monday of each Month, to join the First-Generation Americans Club! Positions Available!

Hey DHS! Are you passionate about math and science? Then come to the Women in STEM club meeting this Friday 09/27. We will go over our club functions and upcoming Wisteminars.

Art for Cure is looking for members who are artists and/or want to make a positive impact in the community. Join us for our 1st meeting Friday @ Lunch in L-27.

Red Cross Club's Second meeting is today at lunch in L-27. Come and learn about how to help in this year's blood drive. We will also be talking about volunteer connect accounts. See you at lunch!

CAREERS: The Youth Leadership Davis program is offering an internship at Davis Interfaith Rotating Winter Homeless Shelter, where you will develop leadership skills, personal growth and compassion.  Deadline to apply is October 1st  Come to the Career Center for more information.

Patwin Elementary is now accepting cabin leader applications for their Walker Creek trip December 2-6.  Come to the Career Center for an application.

High school tutors are needed for Pioneer Elementary school's after school Homework Club on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.  Come to the Career Center for more information.

IMPORTANT DATES:
09/26- Back to School Night
09/27-Quarter 1 Progress Period Ends
10/07-Homecoming Rally/Assembly
10/11-Homecoming Parade & Game Day
10/12-Homecoming Dance
10/16-Davis Parent University-IPAB
10/18-Friendship Day
10/19-PSAT, ACT So You Think You Can Dance
10/21/2019-10th Grade Hearing Screening Day
10/24- Fall Summit (Early Release)
10/25-Quarter 1 Ends