[DHS Bulletin] Daily Bulletin 10-11-2019

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Oct 10 12:55:59 PDT 2019

[cid:image004.png at 01D57F6A.0E77A280]
Davis Senior High School Daily Bulletin
October 11, 2019
THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1881 - David Henderson Houston patented the first roll film for cameras.
MENU DHS: Breakfast Served Daily:  Cereal w/Graham Cracker, Breakfast Pizza, Assorted Breakfast Sandwiches, Scones, Breakfast Burrito, Chicken & Cheese Quesadilla, Pancakes w/ Sausage, Assorted Muffins, Chicken & Biscuit Slider, Yogurt Parfait w/Graham Cracker. Grab & Go Hot Chocolate & Muffin & Fruit Cinnamon Rolls.
Lunch: Chicken Burrito, Beef & Cheesy Burrito, Bean & Cheese Burrito w/Cilantro Lime Rice
ATHLETICS: All Students with DHS ASB cards coming to the football game, please enter thru the ASB/Ambulance gate.
DSHS Homecoming Football game is today vs Pleasant Grove - JV at 5:00pm & Varsity at 7:15pm. Skip the line! Purchase your homecoming football game tickets at the following link.  https://gofan.co/app/events/63742   OR Tickets will also be available at the gate.
No Intramurals today due to shortened homecoming schedule.
GAMES:
Football vs Pleasant Grove-Homecoming, 5:00JV/7:15V                            Dismissal 12:15JV/V
Girls Water Polo @ Johansen                                                                                Dismissal All Day

ACADEMICS/OPORTUNITIES/EVENTS: Dear Parents/Padres-Please participate in an important Youth Truth Family Survey.  This survey will help us to even better serve the families at Davis Senior High School.  It will take about 15 minutes to complete the survey.   The deadline to take the survey is midnight on October 18th.  Please follow the link The Family Survey URL is ytsurvey.org/djusdfamily19 The Youth Truth Family Survey is available in Spanish La encuesta está disponible en español. Haga clic en el eslabón del sitio web de abajo. Luego haga clic en el menú de idiomas para cambiar el idioma a español.
It's time DHS!  Come support your favorite dancer at So You Think You Can Dance on Saturday, Oct. 19th at 7:00 pm in the Brunelle Theatre.  Watch Cedric Hughes, Kade Gehringer, Bela Acosta, Ben Skinner, Avital Schwatz, Finn Thompson and many more compete to win $150.  Your vote counts so come out and cheer them on.  Tickets are available from any ATC student or in PA8 for $5.  Get your tickets early; they go up to $10 at the door.
SAFETY: Students-Please remember that DHS is a closed campus all day except lunch.  All parking lots are off limits during the instructional day and during nutrition break.  Loitering in or around vehicles is not safe and therefore not permitted.  Thank you for promoting school safety!
CLUBS: The Hollywood Homecoming Dance is tomorrow night from 8-11pm!  Don't miss out on the first dance of the school year.
>From the desolation of a nation marked by foreign invasion and whose people are characterized by a tenacious struggle for their liberty. Join us this Tuesday at P-23 during lunch for an introduction to the valves and history of the Vietnamese people by guest speaker Abbie Phon. Be a part of our journey through history.
CAREERS: College visiting the Career Center today is Occidental College! Go on Naviance or come to the Career Center in the ASC to see the list and sign up for upcoming college visits.
[cid:image003.png at 01D57F69.B6EA7510]IMPORTANT DATES:
10/11-Homecoming Parade & Game Day
10/12-Homecoming Dance
10/16-Davis Parent University-IPAB
10/18-Friendship Day
10/19-PSAT, ACT So You Think You Can Dance
10/21/2019-10th Grade Hearing Screening Day
10/24- Fall Summit (Early Release)
10/25-Quarter 1 Ends

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.