[DHS Bulletin] Daily Bulletin 10/12/18

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Oct 11 11:56:05 PDT 2018

[Blue Devil]
Davis Senior High School Daily Bulletin
     October 12, 2018

THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1492 - Christopher Columbus, an Italian explorer, sighted Watling Island in the Bahamas. He believed that he had found Asia while attempting to find a Western ocean route to India. The same day he claimed the land for Isabella and Ferdinand of Spain.

MENU DHS:

  *   Breakfast Served Daily:  Cereal w/Graham Cracker, Breakfast Pizza, Assorted Breakfast Sandwiches, Scones, Breakfast Burrito, Chicken & Cheese Quesadilla, Pancakes w/ Sausage, Assorted Muffins, Chicken & Biscuit Slider, Yogurt Parfait w/Graham Cracker.
  *   Grab & Go Hot Chocolate & Muffin & Fruit Cinnamon Rolls.
Lunch: Happy Burrito Day! The ASC Café is now offering burrito bowls in addition to our burritos. We are now serving chicken, beef and nacho cheese, bean and cheese, and veggie (vegan) burritos!
TODAY:
Interested in Math? Come to Women in Stem Club in S-05 at lunch for a steminar by the president of American Women in Mathematics at UC Davis! Don't miss out!

Guys, gals, and nonbinary pals! Come to the GSA Movie night from 6-8pm. We will be watching The Damish Girl, so come pick up a permission slip from Mrs. Istas room, L-29. We will also be having a regular meeting today.

Hey CSF! Our second general meeting is in P-13. Come learn about some of our new projects and fulfill your two meetings for semester requirement. Hope to see you there!

Do you love the Environment? If so, come to Ms. Sandbergs room S-10 today for Environmental Club!

The Financial Literacy class is today at lunch in the Career Center!  Come to the Career Center at lunch today to learn how to manage your money and create financial goals.
ATHLETICS:
Boys' Water Polo @ NorCal Frosh-Soph Championships (JV)                         all-day

Attention Blue Devil Shredders! The DHS Snowboard team is having an information meeting on October 18 in room L20 at 7PM. Come learn about this varsity sport. The season lasts from December to February and you will have a chance to race the slalom and giant slalom at Lake Tahoe resorts. See Coach Bill Williams or email at bwilliams at djusd.net<mailto:bwilliams at djusd.net> for more information.
Come support the DHS Girls Volleyball teams, Tuesday, Oct. 16, 4/5/6pm.  It's Senior Night, so come!  Wear blue, be loud, and cheer on the teams, and your favorite SENIORS!
ACADEMICS/OPORTUNITIES/EVENTS:
Get your tickets now for "So You Think You Can Dance." This Saturday for $5 dollars in Advance, $10 at the door. Fantastic Dancers include: Jimin Moon, Angela Vasquez, Kade Gehringer, Molly Dunning, Tim Kayden, Merial Gaskill, Miya Johnston, Riko Fujishima, Andromache Noti, Meme Queens, and Cedric + Amanda.

Hey Seniors! The time has come to submit your senior quotes. Check your school email today for more information. You don't want to be left out of the yearbook.
Staying Ahead of the Trends -- What Every Junior High and High School Family Needs to Know About Substance Use In Teenagers. The Davis High School Counseling Department invites you to join us on Tuesday, October 16 at 7:00pm in the Brunelle Theatre at Davis Senior High for a parent education night with Amy Rose, Program Director of Recovery Happens Counseling Services.  We hope to see you all there.

The PSAT test is this Saturday, 10/13/18. Arrive to room N-04 at 7:45 a.m. for your room assignment. The test begins at 8am. No late entry! MUST BRING PHOTO ID and calculator.
CLUBS:
Today is the last day to sign up to donate blood at the blood drive on October 15th! Sign-ups will be held today in the quad during lunch. To be eligible to donate you must be at least 16 years old, and weigh at least 110 pounds. One pint of blood can save up to three lives, so your contribution matters!

CAREERS:
High school tutors are needed for Pioneer Elementary school's 4th-6th grade after school homework club on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.  Come to the Career Center for more information.
IMPORTANT DATES:
10/13 - PSAT 7:30am-1:00pm
10/15 - Homecoming Rally / Assembly - Rally Schedule
10/15 - Blood Drive
10/16 - Parent Presentation (Amy Rose, Recovery Happens), 7pm, IPAB
10/19 - Homecoming Parade & Game Day
10/19 - Fall / Homecoming Dance
10/19 - Quarter 1 Ends
10/26 - Student of the Month Breakfast
10/26 - Academic Center Awards Ceremony, lunchtime -AC
10/30 - 10th Grade Hearing Screening Day

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.