[DHS Bulletin] Daily Bulletin 10/2/18

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Oct 1 15:50:41 PDT 2018

[Blue Devil]
Davis Senior High School Daily Bulletin
     October 2, 2018

THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1870 - Rome was made the capital of Italy.

MENU DHS:

  *   Breakfast Served Daily:  Cereal w/Graham Cracker, Breakfast Pizza, Assorted Breakfast Sandwiches, Scones, Breakfast Burrito, Chicken & Cheese Quesadilla, Pancakes w/ Sausage, Assorted Muffins, Chicken & Biscuit Slider, Yogurt Parfait w/Graham Cracker.
  *   Grab & Go Hot Chocolate & Muffin & Fruit Cinnamon Rolls.
Lunch: Happy Taco Tuesday! ASC Café is now serving fish, chicken, ground beef and vegan tacos!
Reminder - Wednesday morning the ASC Café is open for breakfast from 7:45-8:53. If you get to school early we look forward to you joining us for breakfast. We are currently offering a new croissant breakfast sandwich with turkey ham, cheese, and egg.

TODAY:
Come cheer on DHS Volleyball at their Breast Cancer Awareness, Dig Pink night, as they take on Franklin at 6pm.  Wear your best Pink outfit, and show your support for the cause!
Come to Girl Up's first meeting today in L-29 to learn more about opportunities to help people around the world!
ATHLETICS:
Girls Water Polo @ St. Mary's, 4:00FS/6:00V                  dismiss: 1:30JV
Boys' Water Polo @ St. Mary's, 5:00JV/7:00V                 dismiss: 2:45JV
Girls Volleyball vs Franklin, 4:00F/5:00JV/6:00V

Interested in Davis High Softball? Come to the info meeting on Monday, October 8 @ 6pm in the DSHS Library. Info about fall practices and the upcoming season will be shared. Fall preseason practices will be held Tues/Thurs 4:00 at the varsity softball field beginning October 9. You must be cleared with DSHS Athletics online registration in order to participate. Questions? Contact Varsity Coach Lyn Christopulos at lyndo at stewartsac.com<mailto:lyndo at stewartsac.com>

Is the state-championship-winning DHS Ski Team right for you? If you are at least an intermediate skier, come find out more at the informational meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 7 p.m. in the Davis High School Library. Interested 9th-12th graders, parents and guardians should attend. If you have questions, email team parentTravis Milner at travis.milner at echo.com<mailto:travis.milner at echo.com>

ACADEMICS/ OPPORTUNITIES/EVENTS:
Calling all artists, photographers, and writers! Submissions for the fall/winter issue of SPOKE, a student run literacy magazine, are now open! The theme is "The Four Seasons". Email your entry to spokesubmissions100 at gmail.com<mailto:spokesubmissions100 at gmail.com> by October 5th and follow @spokemagazinedhs on Instagram.

Do you suffer from anxiety? Does your child? Partner? Learn how to cope & find hope. ANGST film screening on Wednesday, October 3rd at 6:30pm in the Brunelle Theatre at Davis Senior High School. By watching this film together as a community, we can raise awareness and start the conversation around anxiety, sitting side-by-side. The film is 56 minutes and then we will have a Q&A with our panel of experts. https://angstmovie.com/about/
CLUBS:
Homecoming Applications are now available in the ASC-100! Come pick one up show your club or teams spirit to the whole community! Applications are due October 3rd!

Learn about Filipino Culture this Thursday at lunch in N-07. Please come and join us!

Hey DHS! Sign-ups to donate blood at the blood drive on 10/15 starts today and will continue into next week. If you donate blood, you could be one of the 15 people to win a free ticket to the homecoming dance. To be eligible to donate you must be at least 16 years old and weight at least 110 pounds. One pint of blood can save up to three people, so your contribution matters!

Interested in learning more about the medical field? Come to the Pre-Med Club in S-8 today to learn more about our club and what we do! We'll provide snacks so bring your friends.

Want to know more about LGBT history? Come to the LGBT History Club first meeting today at lunch in Mr. Williams room, P-14. Bring a friend and hope to see you there!

CAREERS:
CABIN LEADERS are needed for Montgomery Elementary's Walker Creek trip from November 26-30. Come to the Career Center for an application.
Colleges visiting the Career Center this week include Willamette, Claremont McKenna, Sacramento City College, USC, Arizona State and more!  Go on Naviance or come to the Career Center to see the list of upcoming college visits!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN ABOUT SACRAMENTO CITY COLLEGE?  If so, a Sacramento City College representative will be in the Career Center on Wednesday, October 3 at 9:00 am to talk about what it's like to attend Sac City, how to apply, the different majors offered, transfer options and more!  Come to the Career Center for more information.
Davis Senior High School Counselors will be hosting our annual CSU Night for seniors and their parents on Thursday, October 4 at 7pm at the Brunelle Theater. Please join us as the CSU Representative explains the application process and answers questions regarding applying to CSU's.
IMPORTANT DATES:
10/04 - CSU College Workshop, 7pm, IPAB
10/11 - Secondary Articulation (Special Bell Schedule)
10/12 - Friendship Day
10/13 - PSAT 7:30am-1:00pm
10/15 - Homecoming Rally / Assembly - Rally Schedule
10/15 - Blood Drive
10/16 - Parent Presentation (Amy Rose, Recovery Happens), 7pm, IPAB
10/19 - Homecoming Parade & Game Day
10/19 - Fall / Homecoming Dance
10/19 - Quarter 1 Ends
10/26 - Student of the Month Breakfast
10/26 - Academic Center Awards Ceremony, lunchtime -AC
10/30 - 10th Grade Hearing Screening Day

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.