[DHS Bulletin] Daily Bulletin 1/11/18

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Jan 10 14:16:42 PST 2018

[Blue Devil]

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
     January 11, 2018

THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1878 - In New York, milk was delivered in glass bottles for the first time by Alexander Campbell.

DAILY MENU: Pepper jack Double Cheese Burger with Guacamole served with Cajun Fries. Grilled Turkey and Feta Sandwich w/ Garlic Aioli served with Cajun Fries. Grilled Vegetable Sandwich on WG Sourdough w/Garlic Aioli.

ALL Students: The All Student Center will start serving food starting Jan. 16th. We are excited to announce that you will have the opportunity for Breakfast starting at 7:45am and the break and lunch periods remain the same. During the week of Jan. 9-12th, food will continue to be served from the food truck, but ALL students are welcome to utilize the new facility.

TODAY:
Team HBV's first meeting of the semester will be at lunch in room S-05 this Thursday, January 10. Come find out more about this semester's events and opportunities!

Enjoy Chipotle and raise money for the DHS Boys Soccer program! Today @ Chipotle, 227 E St., Suite. 1<about:blank> from 5:00-9:00 pm<about:blank>.  Bring a copy of the event flyer to Chipotle or show it on your smartphone and 50% of your purchase will be donated back to the program.

ATHLETICS:
Girls Soccer @ Sheldon 3:30V/5:00JV                                                                                         dismiss: 1:00V- 2:45JV
Boys Soccer vs Sheldon 3:30V/5:00JV                                                                                          dismiss: 2:15V
Boys Frosh Soccer vs Rio Americano - 7:00

If you are interested in joining the Track and Field Team at Davis Senior High School, there will be an informational meeting for Athletes and Parents on Tuesday, January 16 at 6pm in the DHS library.  We will discuss the upcoming season, how to join, how to order uniforms, the team expectations, etc.  Coach Elliott will be there to answer your questions about the program.

ACDEMICS/OPPORTUNITIES/EVENTS:
Attention all DHS instrumental soloists this is a note to prepare you for this year's DHS Concerto Competition: The annual DHS Orchestra Concerto Competition will be held Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 7:00pm on stage in the DHS Brunelle Performance Hall. It is open to all DHS Instrumentalists and free to the public to view. The winner of this competition will be given the honor of performing with the DHS Symphony Orchestra at the Mondavi Center in Jackson Hall at the Wennberg Music Festival on Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 2:30pm as well as a check for $500.00. A sign-up sheet and informational flyer are now on the window of the computer lab in PA-3. It is important to start to plan for this event now and begin preparing your solos ASAP. Deadline to sign up is Friday January 12th . Email Mr. Moreno if you have questions at amoreno at djusd.net<mailto:amoreno at djusd.net>

PSAT Scores: Online scores are now available at https://studentscores.collegeboard.org/ , from 12/14 to 1/31/18. Paper scores reports will be available late January.

Enjoy a great dinner and jazz at the 30th annual DHS Jazz Choir Cabaret - the choir's most elaborate production and largest celebration of the year. Dinner shows will be held Saturday, Feb. 10 and Sunday, Feb 11 at Emerson Junior High. A final show-only performance will be held on Saturday, Feb 17 at Brunelle. Visit jazzchoir.net<http://jazzchoir.net/> for show details and to buy your tickets. Hurry - Dinner show ticket prices go up on January 15!

CLUBS:
Guys, gals, and non-binary pals! Come to the GSA meeting this Friday at lunch in Mr. Moore's room, P-21 on the 2nd floor near the elevator.
"The DHS Climate Committee meeting has been moved from today to next Tuesday, January 16th during lunch in the West Conference room of the DHS library. All are welcome to attend this important meeting as we continue our work on social justice at Davis Senior High School. Please bring a friend and join this us as we work in support of our DHS community."
Hey Davis High! Are you looking to make a difference at our school? Want to lead preparations for Winter Ball or Prom? Be the liaison to the School Board? Then apply for the ASB office! Applications are in ASC Student Government room and are due by Jan 23 to the office.
Hey CSF, We have our last general meeting of first semester this Friday in room P-13. Come to fulfill your lifetime membership requirements. Also, we have our yearbook picture this Friday. Hope to see you there!
CAREER:

This Friday, January 12, the DHS PTA in partnership with the Yolo Federal Credit Union, will hold the next Financial Literacy Class in the Career Center during lunch.  This month's class will be on investing. Pizza will be provided. The class is limited to 30 students, so sign-up soon in the Career Center.

ATTENTION JUNIORS AND SENIORS:  The Davis Chamber of Commerce will host a Job Readiness Fair on Wednesday, January 17 from 3:00 - 5:00 in the Brunelle Theater.  Come to the Fair to get expert advice on exploring your future career path, meet with local businesses about job opportunities, get resources to prepare you for your next job, learn interview skills, find out how to create a resume, and much more!  There will be free swag and raffle prizes!  Come to the Career Center to find out how to sign up for this fun and informative event!
IMPORTANT DATES:
1/15/18  School Holiday - No Classes in Session.
1/19/18  Friendship Day.
1/20/18  Harmony in Our Lives (all District Choirs)
1/24/18  LINK Crew Meeting
1/25/18  DSHS English Learner Advisory
1/27/18  DHS Idol (ATC)
2/3/18    DHS Idol - Finals