[DHS Bulletin] Daily Bulletin 11/29/17

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Nov 28 15:00:18 PST 2017

[Blue Devil]

'Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
     November 29, 2017

THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1890 - Navy defeated Army by a score of 24-0 in the first Army-Navy football game. The game was played at West Point, NY<http://www.on-this-day.com/us/ny>.

DAILY MENU: Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza. Charbroiled Chicken Teriyaki over Brown Rice.

TODAY:
Hey Key Clubbers! We are having a general meeting today at lunch in S-12. We will be taking our club yearbook photo as well so we encourage everyone to come!

Are you interested in learning about sustainable heel and new alternative energy sources? Come to the first DSH Science café meeting and learn about UCD chemist Dr. Jesus Velasquez research in this fields as well as his life as a scientist! Don't miss this cool opportunity to talk to a scientist today at 2:30 pm in room S-9!

Mindfulness is the practice of paying attention to the present moment and noticing the thoughts and sensations that arise. Who should practice mindfulness? Everyone who would like to feel calmer, more connected, and generally happier. Mindfulness training will be held in room O-5 from 2:45 to 3:15pm. For more information contact Ms. Tabor in O-5.

If you are interested in the Army, or the ROTC program, come to the Career Center today at lunch to speak to an Army representative and ROTC Career Advisor.
ATHLETICS:
Varsity Boys' Basketball vs Nor Cal Tip-off Tournament @ Whitney/Rocklin - 6:30pm

Enjoy some pizza and raise money for the DHS Boys Soccer program!  Thursday November 30th@ Blaze Pizza, 212 F St.<x-apple-data-detectors://2> from 5:00-9:00 pm<x-apple-data-detectors://3>.  Bring a copy of the event flyer to Blaze Pizza that night and 20% of your purchase will be donated back to the program.  Flyers are available at the school office Front Desk.
ACADEMICS/OPPORTUNITIES/EVENTS:
Attention Senior Parents! Can you believe it is already time to start thinking about Grad Night? Grad Night tickets are now on sale. Every graduating senior in Davis (DaVinci, DSIS, King and DHS) is welcome to celebrate at this All-night, alcohol and drug free party on Friday, June 8th from 9:30 pm- 5:00am. Visit davisgradnight.org<http://davisgradnight.org>  to purchase tickets. Tickets are $75.00 until February 1st. So get your tickets before prices go up. Ticket includes all activities, food, and raffle entry.

Blue Devil Book Drive!
Bring a book to English class and make a difference for families in need.  The Blue Devil Book Drive will donate all books to the STEAC (Short Term Emergency Aid Committee) Holiday Program. English teachers will collect books during the week before and the week after Thanksgiving Break.   We will accept gently-used books for children of all ages: from babies to teenagers. Books for older readers and books in Spanish are especially needed.   Bring one, bring a bunch!  All donations will be greatly appreciated. Contact your English teacher or Mrs. Pilon in Room P-20 for more information.

Attention Seniors! Have you submitted your senior quotes and voted for senior mocks? Quotes and votes are due NEXT FRIDAY December 8th! The form can be found in your loop mail inbox.

CLUBS:
Imagine a world without polar bears, we are not far away. Over 25,000 polar bears are at risk due to starvation and climate change. Come learn more at the WCC and the Environmental Club showing of "Before the Flood" with Leonardo DiCaprio on December 1st at 7pm at the DHS Library. An inspiration to save the world.

Do you like drawing, painting or helping others? Then come to the Art for Cure meeting on Friday, December 1st in L-27. We will be going over hospitals looking for art and future fundraisers.

The Davis FFA members. Just as reminder, the See's Candy order forms are due this Thursday the 30th. Please return them to Mr. Hess or Ms. Dyer. All checks should be made out to DSHS FFA.

Guys, gals, and non-binary pals! The GSA will be having a meeting this Friday at lunch in Mr. Moore's room P-21, on the second floor near the elevator. See you there!

IMPORTANT DATES:
11/30   DSHS English Learner Advisory, 5:30pm, DSHS Library
12/6     LINK Crew commissioner meeting
12/8     Friendship Day
12/8     Orchestras Winter concert
12/9     Winter Formal
12/10   Human Rights Day
12/13   All District Jazz Extravaganza
12/14   Winter Rhapsody Concert - DSHS Bands
12/20   Link Crew meeting
12/25 - 1/5/18 Winter Recess