[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin, Wednesday, 4/30/14

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Apr 29 14:32:10 PDT 2014

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin, Wednesday, April 30, 2014

THIS DAY IN HISTORY:    1789 - George Washington took office as first elected U.S. president.

LUNCH CHOICES:  Daily Options: Individual Pizzas at the Snack Bar, Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Caesar
Salad, Grilled Chipotle Turkey Panini, Grilled Panini Sandwich with Pesto, Mozzarella and Tomato,
Housemade Pizza.  Manager's Choice:  Veggie Eggroll w/ Fried Rice or Chicken Chow Mein

ATHLETICS:         Girls Lacrosse Varsity @ Casa Robles - 6:00
                                Girls Soccer vs Elk Grove - 4:00V-5:30JV
                                Softball vs Laguna Creek - 4:15                                                                   dismissal: 2:45
                                Diving @ DVC Diving Finals - All day                                                          dismissal: All day
                                Baseball Frosh @ Pioneer - 4:15

SAVE THE DATE! Sports Physical Clinic at Sutter Family Medicine, 2030 Sutter Place, Davis - Saturday,
June 7, 8:30-11:30 am - $20. Donation benefits DHS Athletics Dept.   Athletes, grades 7-12 are
encouraged to complete their sports physicals this spring to be ready for the 2014-15 school year.
 Contact Athletic Secretary Laurie Williams at 757-5400 x125.

Fall Girls Golf Team will have an informational meeting for girls entering 9th through 12th grade in the
Fall of 2014. Parent and golfers please attend to learn more about the Fall season and summer
opportunities. The meeting is May 15th at 7:00 - 8:00 pm at the high school in room N-8.  If you cannot
attend the meeting, please email Coach Mohr for more information. rmohrgolf at gmail.com

TODAY:  If you are a girl interested in a career in science, technology, engineering or math, you are
invited to attend the "Exploring STEM Careers for Girls" event on Wednesday, April 30 from 7-8 pm at
the Yolo County Library.  The program is sponsored by The American Association of University Women in
Davis.  Come to the Career Center for more information.

Student Forum meets this Wednesday at lunch in L-22.  We will be discussing events for next year and
the common core testing.  Be sure to come and treats will be provided.

Hey Key Clubbers!  Our next meeting is this Wednesday, April 30th.  We're going to have our new
officers introduce a bunch of new and exciting projects and we will have food!  See you there!

SENIORS: Sing at graduation by joining the Senior Choir!  We will be singing "Five for Fightings' 100
Years.   The group will be led by Mr. Zinn.  Rehearsals will be held at lunch on Thursdays, beginning this
week on May 1st in Room PA8.  Pick up sheet music in PA8 or from the counter on the Front Desk!

SENIORS:  Did you apply for a local scholarship?  Names of scholarship recipients are starting to arrive,
so come to the Career Center to see if your name is on the list of recipients!  The list is posted in the
Career Center's window.

SENIORS: If you ordered graduation announcements and have not yet picked them up, you can pick
them up from Ms. Clayton in the Career Center!

ACADEMICS/COLLEGE INFO:  Summer School - If you are interested in taking high school summer school
classes, please submit your application to the DHS Counseling Office as soon as possible.

Attention CSF Seniors: If you are an active lifetime member of CSF, you are eligible to apply for the CSF
Scholarship.  Pick up an application in P-13 (Mrs. O'Brien's room).  Applications are due by May 2.

DSHS Students, Staff and Parents!    Please nominate a teacher you think is most deserving of the honor
of Rotarian Teacher of the Year for the 2013-2014 School Year.  Nomination forms are available at the
front desk in the Administration building. Please complete and return your nomination form with a
description/explanation of your nominee to Kate Prien, Site Secretary, no later than noon on Friday,
May 16, 2014. The finalist will receive the Rotarian Teacher of The Year Award at the Senior Awards
Ceremony scheduled for June 3rd.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:  Students, due to the construction upgrading of Highway 50, Unitrans will be
offering free transportation on all lines from April 22 through May 21st!  This project is called Fix50!
 Remember, it's free to ride the bus April 22nd to May 21st!  For ?s,  email ask at unitrans.com.

CLUBS/EVENTS:  Are you a Junior or Senior girl interested in participating in Powder Puff this year, come
to C-4 to pick up an application.  They're due back in C-4 by Wednesday, May 14th.

Get out those terry towels and polish up that chrome!  The Devil Day Car Show is coming on
Wednesday, May 28th hosted by our very own DHS Car Club!  Applications are available in O-3 or in the
Front Office and can be returned there.  Students   and non-students may apply.  Apps are due May
15th!
Attention DHS Student leaders, Clubs, Booster Groups and ASB:  The last issue of the DHS PTA
Newsletter will combine May and June.  Please note the submission deadline of May 9 and the
publishing date are different than normal.  It will be published on May 16.  Please send news,
announcements, etc. to the DHS PTA Media Listserv at DHSPTAmedia at mailman.dcn.org and include
your name, parent or faculty name and contact information (email address and phone number in case of
questions.)  The newsletter is available around the 1st of each month and is a great way to notify, inform
or enlist parents' help for DHS school and student activities.

The Davis Homeless Shelter needs your help!  Items needed:  Soap, shampoo, lotion, canned food.
There is a drop-off bin for donations inside the Front Office.  Thank you for your help!

GRAD NIGHT 2014: Seniors! Grad night tickets are available online at davisgradnight.org or you can
download the form and mail it in with a check.   If you are not sure if you have already bought your
ticket, check the list at the Front Desk.  Tickets are now $90 and cover all Grad night activities,
food/drinks and prizes!  Prices will increase in June and scholarship tickets are available through the
Counseling Office.

Attention Parents of All Students (regardless of grade)! We need Parent Volunteers for Grad Night!  We
need your help to plan this amazing event and make it a dream come true for our graduating seniors!
You don't have to be a parent of a graduating senior to help; this is a great way to learn about Grad
Night.  We need decorators, check-helpers, event monitors, poker and black jack dealers, raffle workers,
café workers and security assistants. If you have a truck, mini-van or SUV, we also need help
transporting supplies to Grad Night.  Please help us make Grad Night 2014 a night to remember for our
students and sign up at http://www.davisgradnight.org/volunteers!

IMPORTANT DATES:
4/30        -    STAR test for select 10/11 graders - 8:55 am - North Gym
5/1          -     STAR make-ups - 7:45 am - West Conf. Room - DHS Library
5/3          -     SAT - 8:00 am - 12:00 noon - DHS N Wing
5/3          -      Senior Ball, 6:30 - Check-in - Doors Open 7:00 pm - Sheraton Grande, Sacramento
5/6          -      Senior Band Concert  - 7:30 pm - Brunelle Music Theatre
5/5 - 5/9 -     AP Exams
5/12-5/16 -   AP Exams

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.