[Dhsbb-jazz] Summer Jazz Opportunities

Thomas Slabaugh tslabaugh at djusd.net
Fri Mar 16 10:35:36 PDT 2018

Hi all,

During the Summer, there are a number of workshops and clinics that are valuable in helping the band prepare for the upcomng year, as well as supporting student learning and growth. I am bringing two local opportunities to your attention. Sign up ASAP in order to reserve your spot in these local events.

June 16, 2018: American River College Summer Jazz Workshop

This is a one day clinic, from 9am to 5pm, that includes an improvisation clinic, ensemble rehearsals, a masterclass, and a performance at the end of the day. This is a good and inexpensive clinic ($40.00). Contact EifertDC at arc.losrios.edu to register for this clinic.

July 9 - 14, 2018: Watermelon Music Summer Jazz Camp.

This is a week long camp at our local music store, Watermelon Music, run by our jazz tutor Tom Peron. This clinic includes masterclasses, improvisation, and music theory, ending with performances and a pizza party. The cost for this weeklong camp is $240.00. Instrumentation and space is limited! Contact Tom Peron at tcjazz3 at gmail.com to register ASAP.

Mr. S