[Dhsbb-jazz] Fwd: Band Booster Direct Donation Notice

Matt Richter richthand at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 16:04:06 PST 2017

A message from Connie Belk  <conniebelkrd at gmail.com>.

I'm going to add that another way of donating is through the BB PayPal page
at http://groups.dcn.org/dhsbandboosters/paypal-page

There are 2 buttons on the page currently - one for the general donation
and one specifically for contributions for the New York trip.  Think before
you click.  Although I just now used our family's paypal account, I believe
you can just use a credit card to donate if not a member of paypal.

-matt

==================================

Hello DHS Band Families.

   I am writing to raise awareness of the unique nature in which this band
year began and its impact on overall band funding.
   In August at our welcome back BBQ and first band meeting, much time and
energy was spent introducing the New York Trip opportunity and fielding
related questions. The trip had a needed minimim level of participants to
even happen, followed by set deadlines and significant fundraising demands
so the focus needed to be on the trip.
   However, the message about direct donations for general band expenses
was overshadowed and that has been made clear by our significant reduction
in overall band funding this year versus last.
We have received around $4700 in direct donations this year versus $10,500
last year.
   The Football Fundraiser was also overshadowed by trip planning and
sadly, this unique fundraising opportunity was cut short by $3100 compared
to last year.

  My message to you all is that annual general band expenses cost $35,000
or $350 per student. The district budgeted for DHS bands $27 per student
last year and this year only $7.00 per student. General band expenses are
many ranging from concert expenses, instrument repairs and purchases,
festival fees, music purchases, professional tutors or section directors,
scholarships, etc.
   If you want to capitalize on a tax write off for 2017, please send your
direct donation to DHS Band Boosters (PO Box 73522  Zip 95617) before the
end of 2017. Any amount will help. Families have been averaging $175 up to
$350 in individual direct donatoins this year.
   Please direct questions to Connie Belk.
Thank you and happy holidays from the DHS Band Boosters!