[Dhsbb-jazz] DHSBB: Rent-a-band info and Flyer

Matt Richter richthand at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 22:31:55 PST 2017

Dear All,

Nancy Montague-Archer asked me to forward the following message regarding
rent-a-band.  If you have any questions, email her directly at Nancy
Montague-Archer <nancysky at pacbell.net>

I'm going to post the information to the website as well.  For those who
have never looked at it, check out dhsbandboosters.com (aka
http://groups.dcn.org/dhsbandboosters)

-matt

===============

Dear Band parents-

As we progress to the holidays, things are gearing up to have our students
partake in playing holiday music in various settings through the
Rent-A-Band program.
This is part of the general fund raising for the Band Boosters but if we
are able to book
more than a handful of rentals, some funds will be allotted to the New York
Trip costs.

The dates that we are asking students to volunteer to play are between Nov.
27 - Dec 18th.
Each gig will need to have a minimum number of players in order to take
place so I will
try to coordinate schedules and see who is available on specific dates once
rehearsals begin.

As to rehearsals, Mr Slabaugh has three sessions planned - the first is
Thursday Nov. 9th from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Additional times are on Thursday Nov. 16th from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. and Thurs.
Nov. 30th from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Even if your student is not sure when they will be available for
rent-a-band assistance, the rehearsals will be a fun
opportunity to learn some holiday music.

We are also in need of help publicizing the Rent-a-Band. There is a flyer
attached to this email that you can send out or
post to help spread the word. Please take a minute to help and if you have
any ideas of who might need some
entertainment at a holiday party, please pass on my information to them. I
will be able to go to most of the Rent-a-Band
events to watch over the players and handle any needs that arise, so feel
free to contact me with any concerns.

Nancy Archer
(530) 757-1595 (home)
(530) 400-3252 (cell)
nancysky at pacbell.net

Link to a google document of the flyer (in case the attachment doesn't make
it through)
Rent a band.pdf
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-n5u4YKjSkxaTlLT2IwajlQSGc/view?usp=sharing>