[Dhsbb-jazz] Fwd: University of California Marching Band

Thomas Slabaugh tslabaugh at djusd.net
Sat May 27 13:02:22 PDT 2017

Begin forwarded message:

From: Recruiting Coordinator <calbandrec at gmail.com<mailto:calbandrec at gmail.com>>
Date: May 27, 2017 at 12:05:48 PM PDT
To: tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>
Subject: University of California Marching Band

Dear Mr. Slabaugh,

My name is Don, and I was in one of your bands at Davis Senior High School a few years ago!  I hope you're doing well! I’m a recruiter for the University of California Marching Band, and I was hoping you could forward the below email to any of your students who are planning to attend UC Berkeley this upcoming year.

Cal Band is recruiting! If you’re looking to continue playing music, to entertain thousands at football or basketball games, or to find a community you can call home, join Cal Band! We’re a 240-person band full of diverse members from all over the globe, with students studying both STEM and the humanities.

Cal Band provides the most amazing opportunities. Recently, we performed recently in the Super Bowl 50 halftime show, the Giants Victory parade, and even toured Asia this last summer. If you’re interested in developing as a marcher or musician, we design and chart our own shows and arrange our own music, opportunities you’ll never find anywhere else. On the flip side, if you’re just looking for a good time, we pride ourselves on being a family and having a lot of fun outside of marching shows. For example, we perform on cable cars, birthday parties and even weddings, and travel with the Cal athletic teams to cities like Seattle, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

If you’d like to join Cal Band, or are even slightly interested, please fill out an interest form at http://calband.berkeley.edu/join-cal-band . This helps us get you in contact with the perfect recruiter for you, who can answer any questions about Cal Band or Cal in general!

Go Bears!

Don Wook Shin and Ben Pridonoff

Recruiting Coordinators

Public Relations Committee

University of California Marching Band

Email: calbandrec at gmail.com<mailto:calbandrec at gmail.com>

Cell: (530) 219-6701<tel:(530)%20219-6701> (Don) | (310) 709-0605<tel:(310)%20709-0605> (Ben)

Don Wook Shin and Ben Pridonoff

Recruiting Coordinators

Public Relations Committee

University of California Marching Band

Email: calbandrec at gmail.com<mailto:calbandrec at gmail.com>

Cell: (530) 219-6701 (Don) | (310) 709-0605 (Ben)