[Dhsbb-jazz] DHSBB: Victoria trip info

Matt Richter richthand at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 21:56:47 PST 2017

The following message is from Connie Belk.  She includes her email (
conniebelkrd at gmail.com) for general questions and questions about
contributions, and Rita Gilbert's  email (*gilbertigelsrud at gmail.com
<gilbertigelsrud at gmail.com>* ) for passport questions.

-------------------------------------

Dear Band Members going on the Spring Band Trip in May of this year:

This is an update on the trip planning for our upcoming band trip from May
18-23 to Seattle and Victoria, BC.

First, this trip cannot happen without funding. If you have not submitted
your contribution totaling $725 yet, please do so by the end of January so
we can see what our fundraising needs may be for the trip. Contact Connie
Belk at *conniebelkrd at gmail.com <conniebelkrd at gmail.com>* with any
questions or updates please.

Second, Rita Gilbert is collecting paper copies of each student's passport
or passport card (should be valid until October 2017- 6 months after the
start of our trip). Those are the current rules. Rita can be contacted
at *gilbertigelsrud at gmail.com
<gilbertigelsrud at gmail.com>*

We have finalized our flights and more details will be coming on exact
times of departure/arrival. We have a group estimated at 98 total, between
students and chaperones. There will be two groups traveling on two
different flights.

If you want to contact your cell phone companies prior to the trip, ask
about international calling to see if your student's phone will work while
in Canada without high fees.

Also, if your student will need to use his/her ATM card, Canada needs a
4-digit PIN number. You can go to the bank and change PIN numbers to
4-digits if you want this flexibility. Some meals students will be getting
on their own so funds will be needed for certain parts of the trip.

That's all for now. Much more fun information to come but let's get the
trip fully funded and passports in before we talk fun stuff.

Thank you,

Connie