[Dhsbb-jazz] Summer Jazz Camp

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Mon Apr 3 10:47:01 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Watermelon Music is sponsoring their first ever Summer Jazz Camp beginning on June 12th through June 17th. Tom Peron will be working with students on Jazz Band ensemble literature and concepts, as well as soloing and masterclasses on their instruments. The new location for Watermelon Music (1970 Lake Blvd) is an exceptional facility that is well suited for this camp. The final day, Saturday June 17th, will feature the band performing in concert from 1:00pm to 2:30pm.

Members of the 2017-18 DHS Jazz Band: I highly recommend you participate in this new camp. Everyone interested in Jazz should participate in this camp, as it is a great educational opportunity to learn more and have fun playing.

Everyone else: This is a wonderful chance to play during the Summer and get some great instruction. Everyone should take every chance they are offered to play, get better, and have fun doing so in our great home of Davis.

Mr. Quick, Mrs. Sanchez, and Ms. Tonus: If you could forward my email to your students and their parents, I would be greatly appreciative. Also, Tom Peron would like to contact you at your leisure and come speak about this opportunity to your kids and, perhaps, get a chance to help you with your jazz bands. His email is included in the “To” line.

Questions: Contact Tom Peron at tcjazz3 at gmail.com<mailto:tcjazz3 at gmail.com> or Watermelon Music directly. The camp flyer is attached.

Many thanks!

Tom

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.