[Dhsbb-jazz] Symphonic Band Concert & Upcoming Concerts

Robert Sprague robertpaulsprague at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 23:29:06 PST 2016

Hi All,

For those of you who missed the Symphonic Band concert on November 15th,
you are in luck.  The recording of the concert is now uploaded to the DHS
Bands Youtube Channel.  The channel can be found at
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGqk-ZSxQBEnObsW8ovNwKQ.  The Symphonic
Band concert was *very* good and is well worth watching.  If you don’t have
time to watch the whole concert everyone should at least see Wu Xing,
Concertino for Two Percussion and Band.  The piece is not only well
performed and interesting but the two soloists (is that an oxymoron?) were
fantastic!  Please feel free to forward this link to family and friends as
well as your students.

The cost of production of this video was paid for by the Concert Admission
Donations.  The cost is not insubstantial.  The Concert Admission Donations
barely covered this expense.  Thank you to all who donated and helped cover
this cost.  The videos are important not just from a sentimental
standpoint. They are required to allow the bands to play in various
festivals and at venues where we play on the major trips we take each
year.  We are now posting all new videos to the DHS Bands Youtube Channel
rather than selling DVD’s so that everyone can enjoy them.  Please feel
free to subscribe to the channel in order to get notifications when new
videos are posted.

The Winter Rhapsody Concert featuring the DHS Concert and Symphonic Bands
is Thursday, Dec. 8th and the Winter Jazz Extravaganza featuring the Jr.
High Jazz Bands, DHS Jazz Band & Combos, and the DHS Jazz Choir is
Wednesday, Dec. 14th.  These concerts are shaping up to be as good as the
first Symphonic Band concert of the year.  These concerts will be recorded
as well and posted to our Youtube channel.

Thank you all for supporting the Bands and your students!

Sincerely,

Robert Sprague