[Dhsbb-jazz] Last minute Disney Band info: PLEASE READ

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Wed May 11 22:42:55 PDT 2016

Forwarded for Katie - please reply to her (Jazzyhorns at aol.com<mailto:Jazzyhorns at aol.com>) with any questions.  Thx, ~JAH

From: JazzyHorns at aol.com [mailto:JazzyHorns at aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:41 PM
To: Horn, John A
Subject: Last minute Disney Band info: PLEASE READ

Hi All,
We depart for Disney in just 2 days!  A few last minute reminders:

1.  Check-in is Friday morning before school 7:30 - 10 AM at the Veteran's Memorial Theater lobby.  We still need helpers.  Use the link below to sign up to help!
For those in Wind Ensemble (Symphonic/Concert Bands) wearing a suit or tux for their dress blacks:  If you can put that in a suit bag that will help immensely both for packing the bus as well as for a speedy departure after our performance on Tuesday.

[http://www.signupgenius.com/]<http://www.signupgenius.com/>

Group Organizing Made Easy!

Sign Up<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0E48ACAE2BA20-dhsdisneyland/818744>

2.  Students will attend Friday morning classes.  Then bring a lunch to the bus area and be prepared to leave during lunch as soon as we can get the busses loaded.

3. NEW:   Students will need a  plastic bag, string bag or similar for our final day.  The students will be using this bag to store their regular clothes in for quick access after their performance on Tuesday, so that they can change back into clothes for the bus ride home.  We don't need 100 kids opening up their suitcases in the back lot of Disney, so if they all have their change of clothes in a separate bag inside the bus, this process will go much more easily.

4.  Good news!  We were able to cover some extra meals for the group.  So now the students will only need to purchase 1 lunch and 2 dinners in Disneyland.  (In addition to a meal en route to and from Davis at a rest stop).  If your student wants a souvenir send some extra cash for that as well.  We have a "trip bank" for anyone that finds they did not budget appropriately and students can borrow funds to get through the trip.  No one will be left to go hungry on this trip!

5.  Students may bring snacks on the bus, but hopefully we will stop enough times that they can eat at those times.  Anything brought onto the bus must be peanut free as we have several students with nut allergies.  If you aren't sure, leave it at home.  Snacks we provide are all nut free.

You will find our detailed itinerary on our band web site before departure so you can follow along as we go through our trip!  Visit www.dhsbandboosters.com<http://www.dhsbandboosters.com>

The students will have all the chaperone contact numbers, but here are some for you too.  Should anything come up during the trip don't hesitate to contact us:

Katie Horn:  530-798-0757
John Horn: 916-804-5017
Otto Raabe: 707-392-9867
Tom Slabaugh: 916-806-2790

We are staying at the Embassy Suites Anaheim North:  3100 Frontera Street, Anaheim.  714-632-1221

And for fun, check out the DHS Band facebook page as there may be updates and cool photos posted during the trip!  https://www.facebook.com/groups/246177752098868/

Thanks for all of your support this year.  We are almost on our way!

Katie
Head Mouse