[Dhsbb-jazz] Future of Band Boosters

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Wed Sep 23 09:38:06 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I am writing to elicit your help. Since my arrival at DHS, we have been extremely fortunate to have very capable and hard working parents that have dedicated many hours of their time to enrich the experience of all students enrolled in band. Two of the most active of these parents have been John and Katie Horn. They have three children, all in band throughout school, and have been involved in the DHS Band Boosters for all 9 years, mostly serving as President. Katie has been the primary parent planner for our tours since her arrival. This year, their youngest child is a senior and will graduate.

It is not hubris to state that the DHS Band Boosters have been successful, in a large degree, because of the Horn’s involvement. I have been very lucky to have their hard work, loyal support, and kind friendship in the four years I have been at DHS. However, I am also wary to say farewell to them at the end of this year, for they have a great amount of institutional knowledge that they have accumulated during their service to our band program.

Hence the title of this email. I am confident we have smart, energized, and dedicated parents who are capable and willing to insure the DHS Band Boosters will continue to thrive in the coming years, serving kids in the program as they transform into young adults. However, many may not know how much their time and efforts are in need. This email is meant to both inform and share my plea for your involvement in the Band Boosters.

In light of this request, everyone is invited to join us for the upcoming Band Booster meeting on Wednesday, October 7th. The meeting will be held in PA-3 at DHS and will begin at 7:30pm and end at 9:00pm. In this meeting, we will be asking for your commitment to help with the many tasks necessary to support the entire band program. We will also give a complete overview of the upcoming Spring Tour to Anaheim, including our activities in Disneyland. This is a meeting where we hope to have very high turnout of parent boosters.

The final thoughts I would care to share with you are an observation of how lucky we are to have such a high quality music program in Davis. The community has supported this educational program with their time, energy, and finances that, with the help of dedicated parents, have allowed the kids and their teachers to share in the love of music making for many years. I recognize how special this situation truly is and hope you will continue to support this fine program for many years to come.

Musically,

Mr. S

Thomas Slabaugh II
Director of Bands
Davis Senior High School
tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.