[Dhsbb-jazz] Fwd: INSIGHT feature this morning promoted March 31 benefit

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Thu Mar 19 15:00:57 PDT 2015

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lara Downes <downeslara at gmail.com<mailto:downeslara at gmail.com>>
Date: March 19, 2015 at 12:44:44 PM PDT
To: "amoreno at djusd.net<mailto:amoreno at djusd.net>" <amoreno at djusd.net<mailto:amoreno at djusd.net>>, William Zinn <wzinn at djusd.net<mailto:wzinn at djusd.net>>, Thomas Slabaugh <tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>>, "kpeter at djusd.net<mailto:kpeter at djusd.net>" <kpeter at djusd.net<mailto:kpeter at djusd.net>>, Karen Gardias <kgardias at djusd.net<mailto:kgardias at djusd.net>>, Hiram Jackson <HSJackson at aol.com<mailto:HSJackson at aol.com>>
Subject: INSIGHT feature this morning promoted March 31 benefit

Hi - this feature from this morning gave a great plug for the benefit concert - we should all share as much as possible!
http://www.capradio.org/news/insight/2015/03/19/insight-031915d/
Best,
Lara

Lara Downes
www.laradownes.com<http://www.laradownes.com>
YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJh1m1BlPhkK7_deTexdXw>
Soundcloud<https://soundcloud.com/laradownes>
Facebook<http://facebook.com/lara.downes>
Twitter:@laradownes<https://twitter.com/laradownes>
Skype: LaraD88

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Lara Downes <downeslara at gmail.com<mailto:downeslara at gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi everyone,
Back to the surface, after MC Young Artists Competition weekend...

Press release attached. Would everyone please check it over carefully, especially these details:
Tuesday, March 31, 7pm
Davis Senior High School Brunelle Performing Arts Center - 315 W. 14th Street, Davis
$20 minimum donation at the door (includes concert admission and a signed CD)

I think it would be great to have the singer that Bill mentions, to do a Billie Holiday tune. And if there is another soloist or small ensemble as well? It would be nice to intersperse these throughout the program. I'll wait on the concert program details until we confirm this. But I think that we should have an intermission, for concession and CD sales. It will be a short program - c. 35 minutes each half.
It would also be really nice to have a quartet or other ensemble in the lobby.
My publicist is asking who is the marketing contact for the event onsite? Can we designate someone to be her liaison?
Thank you!