[Dhsbb-jazz] Coconut Grove call for Volunteers

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Tue Jan 13 11:13:57 PST 2015

"Band Families
Coconut Grove is coming up fast on March 7th and we will begin planning for this very fun annual fundraiser.  This event is held at Emerson Junior High every year and is composed of a dinner, silent auction, music by various school sponsored and local jazz bands, and a raffle.  The event is the primary fundraiser for the DHS Band Boosters and is a linchpin for the various contributions from the Band Boosters to the DHS music program, including the annual band trip. The success of this event happening depends largely upon parent and student volunteers.  We invite all parents who are interested in volunteering to help with this event to drop by the Pep Band Play-a-thon at Emerson Junior High School this Friday at 630 for a brief introductory meeting providing background on what help will be needed and the opportunity to sign-up for various activities.   We will congregate somewhere off to the side at Emerson for this meeting.

If you are interested, please come.  This event is a big job but we promise to make it fun and worthwhile.

Coconut Grove Co-Chairs
Sandra and Phil Bachand

phil.bachand at gmail.com