[Dhsbb-jazz] Welcome Back DHS Band Booster Families

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Tue Dec 2 14:14:26 PST 2014

Welcome Back Everyone!

Hope you all had a happy and relaxing Thanksgiving Holiday.
Now it is time to focus on all the activities that are happening in December and getting ready for the first several months of 2015.

1.       Cyber Monday - if you are doing online shopping, please install "iGive".  It is like online shopping Scrip.  You just have to install the button and when you go to sites like Amazon, etc, they will automatically link you to the band boosters.  It costs you nothing, and the band boosters benefits.

2.       Band Booster Mtg this week - Wednesday 12/3 -  7:30pm, PA3 (Band Room) [Parents].

3.       Davis Tree Lighting Ceremony - Thursday 12/4 - 5:00pm at PA3 (Band Room), Double decker bus leaves at 5:15pm for downtown.  [Rent-a-Band, Pep Band]

a.       Followed by a quick Gig at Avid Reader [Rent-A-Band].

4.       Delta Jazz Festival - Saturday 12/6 [Jazz Band]

5.       Winter Jazz Extravaganza - Tuesday 12/9 - 7:30pm in the DHS IPAB (Richard Brunelle Performance Hall).

6.       San Diego Band Trip Planning Committee Mtg - we'll have our first planning meeting for the band trip next Wednesday (12/10) at 7:00pm at the Horn House.  Please email Katie Horn (Jazzyhorns at aol.com<mailto:Jazzyhorns at aol.com>) if you have any questions or need the address.

7.       Winter Rhapsody Concert - Thursday 12/11 - 7:30pm in the DHS IPAB (Richard Brunelle Performance Hall).

8.       Sac State Jazz Festival - Saturday 12/13 [Jazz Band]

9.       Rent-a-Band - we have multiple rent-a-band gigs coming up and looking for more.  More details will be covered in the Band Booster mtg tomorrow (Wed).

Help Needed:
We currently have the following positions OPEN and very much need help.  Without parents stepping up to help out (even as teams), we will not be able to hold all of these events.
Position                               Event
Chair or Co-chair               Playathon
Chair or Co-chair               Montecello Wine & Jazz
Chair or Co-chair               Coconut Grove

Current January Events at risk to being Cancelled:
                Montecello Wine & Jazz Event
                Playathon

And we need to be kicking off Coconut Grove meetings this month.

If you can help in any of these areas, please let me know.

Thanks much,
~JAH

DHS Band Booster Pres
(916) 804-5017  cell..