[Dhsbb-jazz] 4th of July Parade Details

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Tue Jul 2 20:44:19 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I hope you are all able to come out and play for the upcoming Independence Day Parade! It will be in the morning, so it should be cooler. Whatever the temperature, it should be a lot of fun! Here are the details...

All band members meet at DHS Band Roomat 8:30am on July 4th. We will make sure everyone has music & instruments for the following pieces and run through them together.
You Can Call Me Al
Cortez
YMCA
WSU – Fight Song
Holiday
Crazy Train
Thrift Shop
Rock-N-Roll Part 2
Basketcase
All The Small Things
National Anthem

We will leave DHS at 9:15am and head to 3rdand A Street. This is the form area for the parade.

Beginning at 9:30am, we need to be playing for the assembling crowd.

The parade begins at 10:00am. We will march in the parade. The route is down 3rdstreet, turn left at C street, and head into Central Park. We will play until the awards ceremony begins.

The awards are distributed and we will play for about 15 minutes after the end of the ceremony.

We’ll head back to the band room after to put away the instruments. We should be finished at around 11:30 ish.

Mr. S
Thomas Slabaugh II
Director of Bands
Davis Senior High School
tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.