[Dhsbb-jazz] Band Boosters Volunteers needed

Susan Ebeler seebeler at ucdavis.edu
Thu Aug 2 20:05:14 PDT 2012

Dear Band Booster members

We are looking forward to a great year of band activities this year with our new director, Tom
Slabaugh.  The Band Booster officers have already had a meeting with Mr. Slabaugh to discuss the
coming year, and we have a full slate of activities to look forward to.  More details about all of
that will be available in August when school starts, but before then, we are still looking for some
volunteers to coordinate several activities.  A list of critical needs is below along with a short
description of the coordinator/committee responsibilities—to volunteer please email us at
dhsbbpresident at gmail.com or sign up on SignUp Genius at
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B4FA8AD2AA57-committee

Please consider volunteering to help out—it’s a great way to have an impact on the band
program.

Publicity Coordinater—Help with advertising for concerts and fundraising activities; submit
publicity information about concerts and band activities to Davis Enterprise for publication in the
newspaper.

Scrip Coordinator—Identify organizations that provide Scrip donations; inform band families how
to enroll in various scrip programs (e.g., Nugget, SaveMart, etc.)

Concert Coordinator—Primarily collect donations in lobby at concerts.

Direct Donation Drive Coordinator—Organize Direct Donation Drive, prepare information about
Direct Donation Drive that goes out to Booster members and other band supporters

Rent-A-Band Coordinator—Organize student sign-ups for Rent-A-Band ensembles; coordinate
scheduling of Rent-A-Band gigs

Play-A-Thon Coordinator—Prepare for Play-A-Thon, a one-night event in January.

Spring Trip Coordinator—Work with Tom Slabaugh and a crew of helpers to plan the spring trip.
We will find helpers later who will arrange details, but we need someone to make sure the
schedule all ties together (make sure we aren’t scheduled to do two different things at the same
time, verify any reservations, make sure we have a plan for every meal so we can feed 120+
students in a reasonable amount of time, etc.).  John and Katie Horn have done this job for the
last several years, and they have offered to provide some help again this year, so you will have
experienced people to turn to for guidance if you need it.

Car Wash Coordinator—Gather names of student and parent volunteers (normally via signup
sheets in the band room and Signup Genius online), then help set up for car washes.

Let us know if you have any questions.  Remember, we can’t do all of this ourselves, which means
these activities won’t happen without you.  Please do what you can—it helps the kids get a better
band experience and helps parents stay involved with our young musicians.

Regards
John and Sue Ebeler
Co-presidents
dhsbbpresident at gmail.com