[Dhsbb-jazz] Monterey Next Generation Festival

Choy Family cjchoy at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 29 22:15:13 PST 2009

DHS Jazz Band Parents,

All of you know our DHS Jazz Band is doing very well, and I hope you feel your son's or daughter's excitment for this band.  For those of you who were not present during the after-performance clinic at the Folsom Jazz Festival, the ajudicator had great suggestions for the band, but just as important he was extremely impressed with their performance.  Our students walked away very happy with the Festival, but they were also saying that they could play better.  I am sure glad the future leaders of our community have this attitude.

You are probably aware that Mr. Lange sent in an audition CD to the Monterey Next Generation Festival this year.  I believe we will hear if the Jazz Band gets into this Festival in February.  However, I just want to inform you the Monterey Next Generation Festival takes place on April 3-5, 2009.  This happens to be the first weekend of the Spring break.  Although we have not heard yet, please mark this on your calenders.

Mike Choy
DHS BB President