[Dhsbb-jazz] Refreshments needed for Oct. 15 katrina benefit concert

dhsbb-jazz at mailman.dcn.org dhsbb-jazz at mailman.dcn.org
Thu Oct 6 18:19:11 PDT 2005

Dear Band(s) and Jazz Choir support personnel (i.e. parents and the like):

As you know, there will be a concert on October 15 organized by Colin
Borges (see attached email) to help Hurricane Katrina victims.     I am
coordinating refreshments ..... but I need some help.     Specifically:

   ---    15 people to bring 3 dozen cookies/other baked goods

      We don't belong to Sam's club or Costco so I am hoping someone can
      purchase (I will pay you back):
      ---    Cups for drinks (we need 500 total)
      ----   Napkins
      --     Lemonade and Iced Tea Mix  (I am going to get those big jugs
      and make gallons of the stuff  for drinks)

WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME!     So PLEASE contact me sooner than later if you
can help!

Pat Fyhrie  (mom of trumpet player Katie Fyhrie)
753-2767
patricia.b.fyhrie at gm.com

                                                     original email sent
out by Colin:

I am am a senior in the DHS Jazz Band and I am organizing a Hurricane
Relief Concert on Saturday October 15th at 7pm at the Performing Arts
Theater.

Music will be provided by the DHS Jazz Band, DHS Jazz Choir, DHS Jazz
Combo, J St Jazz Cats, Sax By Popular Demand, and the Adam Jenkins Trio.

Please donate a grocery bag of gently used clean teenage clothing which
will be sent to an overflow High School in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

You can also bring new or used pet collars or leashes which will be taken
to the Best Friends Animal shelter in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Tylertown, Mississippi by a
local veterinarian volunteering to do relief veterinary work there and who
will be leaving the following day (Oct 16th).

Monetary donations can also be made to the Red Cross at this event.

You can contact me at 753-2105 or jazzophone at sbcglobal.net

Mark your calenders for a great evening of music. It'll be a lot of fun!
Thanks for your support,

Colin Borges