[Dhsbb-concert] Fwd: Greetings Thomas, I teach electronic music in Davis!

Thomas Slabaugh tslabaugh at djusd.net
Tue Feb 19 13:31:03 PST 2019

FYI

Mr. Slabaugh

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joseph Wisgirda <josephwisgirda at gmail.com<mailto:josephwisgirda at gmail.com>>
Date: February 19, 2019 at 11:09:45 AM PST
To: tslabaugh at djusd.net<mailto:tslabaugh at djusd.net>
Subject: Greetings Thomas, I teach electronic music in Davis!

Greetings Thomas! My name is Joe Wisgirda. I have lived here in Davis since 1991, my daughter attends Da Vinci High School.
      I teach electronic music here in Davis, at the UCDavis experimental college.
      I wanted to let you and your students know that the class I teach, "An Introduction To Electronic Music" will be taught once again starting in April 2019 at the South Silo on campus.
      The class is a interdisciplinary course : studio and live audio engineering, some sonic physics, some music theory, but mostly focused around modern music production techniques using Ableton's Live software.
      There are currently openings for the Spring 2019 session. The class is open to anyone in the community. There are no prerequisites for the class - owning a copy of Ableton is very helpful but not necessary.
      I would like to inquire about making an announcement about the class to your student body. Would it be possible for me to come and announce the class before band rehearsal at some point in the next few weeks? I believe there is a great interest, especially among the young folks, in electronic music culture.
I would also be interested in any other ideas yo have regarding collaboration!

      Here is a links to the course description :

https://xcollege.ucdavis.edu/classes/5722

     Here also is a link to my instructor bio

https://xcollege.ucdavis.edu/instructors/3381

    Also, if you would like to check out the music I create :

https://soundcloud.com/dj-big-joe-daddy/sets/a-book-of-magickal-creatures/s-XuuPR

    I can be reached here at josephwisgirda at gmail.com<mailto:josephwisgirda at gmail.com>. Also please feel free to call me anytime at 530-219-8394. Looking forward to meeting you, Thomas!

Sincerely Yours
Joseph Wisgirda

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.