[Davis Democrats] FW: Bush raises money for... McNerney? (New TV & Radio ads!)

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed Sep 20 10:25:42 PDT 2006

------ Forwarded Message
From: "A.J. Carrillo, McNerney for Congress" <info at jerrymcnerney.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:36:58 -0400 (EDT)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Bush raises money for... McNerney? (New TV & Radio ads!)

 <http://www.jerrymcnerney.org>
        Hello,

Scroll down to see Jerry's new TV and Radio ads -- then check out Jerry's
new web site!
http://www.JerryMcNerney.org/
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.zololybab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.JerryMcNerney.org%2F>

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.ehnwmvbab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fcontribute>
With only 48 days left before Richard Pombo is held accountable for 14 years
of corruption, Pombo and his cronies in Washington are becoming increasingly
desperate.

First, the National Republican Congressional Committee drops over $200,000
in misleading mailers on our district savaging Jerry McNerney. Then, Pombo
piles on with over $50,000 per week in radio ads blanketing the Bay Area
with negative attacks on Jerry.

Lots of money. Little impact. With Pombo's internal poll numbers in apparent
free-fall and his astroturf field campaign virtually dead, Pombo is now
pulling a very risky rabbit out of his cowboy hat -- a fancy fundraiser with
George W. Bush on October 3 in Stockton.

Bring. It. On.

Nothing nationalizes a congressional election like a visit from the
President of the United States. Despite Bush's radioactive approval numbers
in California, Pombo is banking on Bush's visit to pay Karl Rove-like
consultants enough to run his scorched-earth campaign right up to Election
Day.

You have the power to flip that script on Pombo right now by turning Bush's
visit into Pombo's Waterloo. If Pombo is going to bring out Bush, we are
going to bring out "The Boot". Make the Bush event a virtual fundraiser for
Jerry right now by contributing your hard-earned dollars for democracy:

http://www.JerryMcNerney.org/contribute
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.9ololybab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.JerryMcNerney.org%2Fcontribute>

For most Republicans these days, bringing out Bush is considered political
suicide. No wonder, as KGO-TV reported a few weeks ago, the words "Bush" or
"Iraq" do not appear anywhere on Pombo's web site. With your help, we can
make sure the words "Bush" and "Pombo" are inextricably linked in the minds
of voters on Election Day. Shouldn't be too difficult, given that Pombo has
voted with Bush 86% of the time.

Since I last emailed you on Friday -- asking you to help raise "$1 Million
for McNerney" for this election cycle -- you have generously contributed
over $45,000 to Jerry in five days! Our boot is now filled almost to the
brim -- at more than $955,000.

Can we raise $45,000 more in the next five days and help Jerry hit the magic
$1 million mark? Every contribution counts, no matter how small or large:

http://www.JerryMcNerney.org/contribute
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.9ololybab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.JerryMcNerney.org%2Fcontribute>

OK, $1 million sounds good on paper, but what will your generous
contributions actually buy?

Last week, we released two powerful direct mail pieces ­- "He's My Dad"
(featuring Michael McNerney)
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.8ololybab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fdirect.asp> and "Enough is Enough"
(featuring Pete McCloskey)
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.8ololybab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fdirect.asp> . Now, before Richard Pombo
has broadcast his first TV ad, we're hitting the airwaves with a new spot
called "New Energy". In concert with this TV ad, we've also got a new radio
spot playing on the air right now called "The Conversation".

 <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.q5gopybab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=ht
tp%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fmultimedia.asp>

Click here to watch "New Energy" -- Jerry's new TV ad.
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.r5gopybab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fmultimedia.asp%23new_energy>

Click here to listen to "The Conversation" -- Jerry's new radio ad.
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.s5gopybab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.jerrymcnerney.org%2Fmultimedia.asp%23conversation>

Our people-powered campaign has always relied heavily on person-to-person
contact -- and that's not going to change. With "New Energy" and "The
Conversation" going up on TV and radio, our message is now being broadcast
widely to voters, increasing the effectiveness of our neighborhood
organizing on the ground.

Of course, direct mail and TV and radio ads cost (a lot of) money. Show
Washington right now what "People Power" means by helping Jerry pay for
these ads so we can get them out to an even larger audience:

http://www.jerrymcnerney.org/contribute
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.9ololybab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.JerryMcNerney.org%2Fcontribute>

Can you flip the script on Bush and Pombo? Can you fill Jerry's boot and
help pay for these ads by hitting the $1 million mark as soon as possible?

It's easy to find out. With our new dynamic Boot on our new web site, you
can actually track the progress of our community by refreshing the front
page of JerryMcNerney.org
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.5pulyubab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.JerryMcNerney.org> and tracking the total minute-by-minute.
After you contribute, your amount is automatically added to "The Boot" right
before your eyes! Check back often to track how close we are to ³$1 Million
for McNerney²!
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.9ololybab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.JerryMcNerney.org%2Fcontribute>

Thank you for everything you are doing to help Jerry defeat Richard Pombo on
November 7.

A.J. Carrillo
Campaign Manager

P.S. There's a reason Pombo is bringing in the big guns. He's running
scared. Give him something to think about right now by contributing whatever
you can afford as soon as possible. Whether it's $20 or $2000, it will help
Jerry take down Pombo and take back Congress:

 email: info at jerrymcnerney.org

 phone: 925-833-0643

 web: http://www.JerryMcNerney.org
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=q6mfpybab.0.5pulyubab.uuaecqbab.9778&ts=S0204&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.JerryMcNerney.org>

FORWARD this email to your friends, family and neighbors!
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&a=1101406581680>

 <http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.or
g&se=9778&t=1101406581680&lang=en&reason=F> This email was sent to
jac07 at dcn.org, by info at jerrymcnerney.org
Update Profile/Email Address
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.org
&se=9778&t=1101406581680&lang=en&reason=F>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101124469396&ea=jac07%40dcn.org
&se=9778&t=1101406581680&lang=en&reason=F> £ | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .